Colorado-Denver
Options

City Park Pavilion

I need some help with this venue! The price seems to good to be true! Some questions I have:
1. Are any tables and chairs included? I don't think they are.
2. If you rent the pavilion is there an extra charge for the gazebo area right in front of it? I want to have the ceremony there.
3. Is hard alcohol allowed?
4. Does anyone have any caterers to recommend that have worked at the pavilion?
5. Did you have a geese poop problem?
6. Is there parking?

This place is very me and I really think that it would be a great place for the ceremony and reception but the denver parks and rec website is so vague. Thanks for any help!

Re: City Park Pavilion

• Options
    Hi, I also looked at the pavilion and actually really liked it but ultimately went with a facility that wasn't open air. That being said, I think it's a great venue--especially for the price. The parks and rec guy in charge (I forget his name but think it's Jim?) is also really helpful and nice and I would definitely get in touch with him as well if you are interested.

1) Tables and chairs are not included but you can rent them through parks and rec for a pretty nominal fee (like $1/chair and about $10/table). The chairs can only be used inside though so if you do your ceremony outside you have to have guests stand or rent chairs through a rental company.
    2) There is an extra charge for either the bandstand/gazebo structure out front or the gardens in back. I think like $300-$400. Definitely reserve this and don't just assume it will be available.
    3) You can serve hard alcohol! You must have a licensed bartender, of course. And it's like $300 extra (for a total venue rental of like $600 I think) if you serve alcohol of any kind.
    4) I don't have any caterers to recommend that have worked there but have so far had really good experience with Bistro Boys, the caterer we are using at the Grant Humphreys Mansion in August. 
    5) Dunno about goose poop but I would assume some outdoor-ness/foot traffic to come along with renting an open-air park facility.
    6) There is TONS of parking! :)

I hope this helps! Oh, another thing you should know is that if you are looking for 2012, booking starts in November the year before so it might be pretty booked up for this summer. If you're looking at 2013, you must wait until November to book. 

• Options
    Thanks for the input. I was also looking at the Grant Humphreys Mansion. It was the only other place that I love but I figured in the long run it might be a bit more than I want to spend. It is so pretty! I am aware of the reservation situation in November and I suppose, against everything that I every thought I was about, I am going to stand in line and get the date that I want. 

Thank you for your help! I feel so overwhelmed with this venue selection process!

• Options
    We seem to have similar tastes! :) Good luck with your venue search and I hope it works out with the Pavilion--it really is beautiful and so affordable. I would also check out some of the other Denver park venues if for some reason the Pavilion doesn't work out (Boathouse, Chief Hosa, etc.).
  • Options
    i am a mom of the bride-to-be.  The wedding is SOON at City Park.  The ceremony will be at the Bandshell @ 4:30 immediately followed by the reception in the Pavilion.  That means that we only have from 2 - 4 pm to decorate, etc.  HOW can we possibly string up decorations and set up table decor in this small window of time??  My daughter originally wanted to string up paper lanterns (we have seen beautiful photos online) there, but was told by the Pavilion Manager that it requires quite a bit of work (2 tall ladders, and a small army of people to hang them up, etc.)  HELP!  Does anyone out there have any suggestions?  We were also thinking of  strings of tiny lights, but apparently that requires extension cords, as the outlets are not plentiful.  Please let me know what you ex-brides have done in the past that was not too labor-intensive.  Also, is there anyone who can be hired to do the decorating there who is familiar with the venue?  I am open to all ideas.  THANKS!!
  • Options
    hi again,  i was thinking that there may be a way to buy the decorations (paper lanterns, paper flowers on strings) from a previous party @ City Park Pavilion.  Does anyone know if there is a site where recent brides are selling these?  This would certainly save a lot of time, since there's not much time to decorate, and the size of the line would be just right, etc.Thanks!
  • Options
    Hi!  I am starting to plan my wedding and am looking at City Park for the summer of 2014.  Did you end up booking/having your wedding here?  How did things go?  I'm concerned that I would definitely need a day of planner to handle all of the vendors that would need to come set up chairs, tables, catering, dj, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards