Colorado-Denver
Options

Schedule for Wedding Reception

Just wondering if anyone else has put together a schedule yet for their reception?  Just curious at what point you are doing first dance, mother/son and father daughter dance, toasts, cake cutting, etc. 

Re: Schedule for Wedding Reception

• Options
    spongejenspongejen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i think a lot depends on each person's wedding, so i won't post mine in detail. but in order to make mine, i just googled "wedding day timeline" and looked at weddingbee.com (lots of real bride samples there).  our basic outline is like this:

5 PM: ceremony
    5:30: cocktails/apps begin, guests find seats at reception, wedding party and family take any remaining pics needed (99% of this is happening before ceremony)
    6:00: reception officially starts, wedding party entrance, food starts. me/fi, immediate family, and wedding party served first. toasts can occur while everyone is seated.
    6:30: dances start - first dance, parent dances, etc. while everyone finishes eating
    7:00: cake cutting

i feel weird scheduling toasts, but like i said i think it depends on what is going on at your reception, and how many people are doing toasts.  hope that helps!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ours was:
    2-3:30 B&G reveal pics, wedding party pics and a few family pictures
    4-5: Ceremony
    5-6 cocktail hour
    6-7:30: WP intros, B&G intro, First dance, Blessing of the meal then sat down for dinner.
    -Right after dinner was toasts, and father/daughter dance, Groom/mother dance and then a couples dance (to get people out on the dance floor.  we didn't have any single guests there, so it worked out really well.)
    -Dancing for about 30-45 min. 
    -Cake cutting
    -Generations dance
    -open dancing for the rest of the night and then towards the end of the evening we did the bouquet/garter toss. 
    -The boys jumped into the pool
    -last dance and sparkler send off.

Don't worry too much about timing, and try to micro manage it....Just make sure everything is running smoothly and everything will be fine.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards