Colorado-Denver

Manor House Event Center and Willow Ridge Manor in Morrison?

I honestly have no idea what I am doing :-) My family is from Castle Rock, we live in Windsor, CO along with a majority of our friends/his family so are therefore looking for something in the middle or foothills or just something. I happened to stumble accross these two and am wondering if anyone else has ever had their wedding there? I just have no idea what to do and am trying to pinpoint a place as my wedding is a little over a year away. We are on a bit of a tight budget mainly cause I would rather have a killer honeymoon and still money in the bank for a down-payment, then a big huge wedding for just one day. Thanks!

Lauren

Re: Manor House Event Center and Willow Ridge Manor in Morrison?

• edited December 2011
    Check out the Visitor Center at Red Rocks.  There is no venue charge, just a minimum for food and drink.  We will have 65 people at our wedding and are spending $3000 including ceremony on outside patio, buffet lunch, chair and linen rental, and wait staff.  There are different minimums depending on what room you use.  Also, if you are wanting an evening wedding you are at the mercy of the concert schedule during the summer.  Good Luck!
  • LaurenPaige19LaurenPaige19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Right now we are anticipating anywhere from 125-150 because we can't seem to get the guest list under control (my fiance knows practically everyone in this town!). I prefer an outdoor ceremony area, indoor/tented reception for a Aug 20, 11 afternoon event. Thanks for the advice, and Red Rocks is gorgeous, any more suggestions?

Lauren
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married at the Manor House Event Center next June and love the venue.  Kelley is wonderful to work with!  We also visited Willow Ridge Manor and didn't have a great experience with the owner and caterer....think Rocky Horror Picture Show. 
  • edited December 2011

Some friends of mine got married at Williow Ridge and it was nice they had no complaints, I checked it out and looks pretty reasonable price wise.  They said they picked that place cause their guest list was like 200 ppl .

• edited December 2011
    I looked at both and with Willow Ridge you have to use their preferred caterer.  I believe it was Liefstyles Catering, they came back at like $50 a person for our breakfast wedding.  The catering is what ruled it out for us, they were considerably higher than other caterers.  We are getting married at Hudson Gardens, they let you bring your own alcohol, so big cost savings.
  • edited December 2011
    We visited Willow Ridge as well. I have known 1 or 2 people who were married there but when we visited I felt a lot of the stuff inside was outdated and not in a neat retro way. I got a weird feeling. We went with Mount Vernon Country Club. If you book a morning slot (before 4) your room is free...saved us about $2,000
    BabyFruit Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_manor-house-event-center-willow-ridge-manor-morrison?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:59Discussion:e7103322-300a-4ab7-80bc-8abd7442d11bPost:36599544-aff6-454f-bd12-da1af9790328">Re: Manor House Event Center and Willow Ridge Manor in Morrison?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are getting married at the Manor House Event Center next June and love the venue.  Kelley is wonderful to work with!  We also visited Willow Ridge Manor and didn't have a great experience with the owner and caterer....think Rocky Horror Picture Show. 
    Posted by 767943125001268[/QUOTE]

Yeah I am really in love with the Manor House; we're trying to swing the 5k for an evening event, but if not I still think it will be great for an afternoon venue. Do you know who does their caterering? She e-mailed me the menus but I didn't know who did it?

Lauren
  • jesmarz80jesmarz80 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do any of you that have been to Manor House have any more info on pricing for events??? I requested information but haven't heard anything back from them yet. Its so BEAUTIFUL looking so I was figuring its pretty darn expensive, but I am still curious!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_colorado-denver_manor-house-event-center-willow-ridge-manor-morrison?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:59Discussion:e7103322-300a-4ab7-80bc-8abd7442d11bPost:70cb593e-b031-4194-a698-e1616c293fea">Re: Manor House Event Center and Willow Ridge Manor in Morrison?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do any of you that have been to Manor House have any more info on pricing for events??? I requested information but haven't heard anything back from them yet. Its so BEAUTIFUL looking so I was figuring its pretty darn expensive, but I am still curious!
    Posted by jesmarz80[/QUOTE]

It took awhile for Kelley to get back to me also; it is just her and some other guy and so they've been busy (she just had a wedding with over 200 guests!) but she e-mailed the basic info and I'd be more than happy to forward to on to you, just PM me your e-mail address. The basics is that she goes through Footers caterering and one other company and they handle the linens also because the food pricing includes them, and for a Saturday afternoon (8am to 3pm) its $2500 to rent the venue and an evening (4pm to 11/midnight) is $5000. Good luck1

Lauren
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards