Colorado-Denver
Options

Kids at wedding and reception!

I was wondering if you were allowing kids to attend the wedding and reception?

If so do you plan on having a kids table?

I plan on having a lowered table for the kids with some coloring stuff and some books... but not sure what else to put at the table so they have things to do...

Or if i just make goodie bags and put items in the bags for each kid like color book, crayon, book, toy.

Not sure what all to include.

Thanks for you help
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Kids at wedding and reception!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We are allowing kids 12 and up at our wedding.  We won't have a designated table for out tweens, though.  I think it'll be more important to keep them busy during the reception than to give them a goodie bag.  Put coloring stuff and some toys on the table.  Maybe some puzzles, depending on age.  Instead of goodie bags, just give them an edible favor, like a big lollipop. It's cheaper that way.
    68 Looking Forward to Mtn Airimage
    31 Afraid of Altitude Sicknessimage
    4 Being Hunted By My Bounty Hunter Bridesmaid image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker May 2010 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Location imageimage{Bio} (updated 3/2)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks. The Hotel we are doing the reception at counts kids under 12 as Kids and over 12 Adults.

We are having 12 kids ages from 1 year to 12 years..

One of my girls (age 4) will be a flower girl in wedding (the other one age 1 will not be in wedding), my niece (age 5) is also a flower girl, Fiance brother is the ring barer (age 9),  then my two nephews will be ushers (ages 7 and 5) ( all ages are what they will be at the time of the wedding).

Plus our guest kids..
  • Options
    chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had 10 kids at our wedding (ages 4-14) and they had a blast!  I put together little goodie bags for them (pics of everything in my planning bio under DIY and the "entertainment bags" for the kids are towards the bottom of the page). The glow bracelets, ring pops, coloring book & koosh balls were the biggest hits out of everything in there! 

We had kids sitting at the tables with their parents just because I wanted them to be near their parents (to ensure supervision) FWIW, we had a small reception (approx 50 ppl).
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    chelbell326,

thanks for sharing.. We are only having the kiddie table for them to color on or play on ( so basically it will be an entertainment table).. When we eat and stuff they will be seated with their parents.

I plan on making my own coloring books..I found some websites from some other blogs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards