Colorado-Denver
Options

Underthings....and to spanx or not to spanx?

Hi!
Getting down to the alterations time, and I'm wondering about underthings.  Here's the situation:
-  My dress is not poofy at all (more form fitting a-line) so I don't think I can do a corset-like bra or it will show thru, but need support in that area.
- I am wearing sandals so no stockings necessary.
- I have a bit of a tummy pooch that I'd rather not be obvious (we all have our self conscious places!).....these are the issues! 

SO....
1. Where did you purchase reasonably priced bridal/appropriate undergarments?
2. For girls that have worn/will wear Spanx...which did you choose and are they actually comfortable???  I want to be comfy- my dress already is and shoes are ones I've already worn, so don't want to not enjoy food or be yanking up underthings!
3. Other suggestions for comfortable support?

Thanks girls!! :)
Jennifer

Re: Underthings....and to spanx or not to spanx?

• Options
    breckbabybreckbaby member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jennifer,
    I am not sure where to purchase the reasonably priced bridal undergarments for me sorry, but as for the spanx I wear them everyday.  Crazy, probably, but they smooth you out and I feel better about myself when I have them on, especially while getting into wedding shape Laughing.  I think they are comfortable, as comfortable as they can be while giving you the support you are looking for, I guess I should say.  As for which ones I wear it just depends on the outfit.  I usually get mine at Target (I think their brand is Access).

HTH,

Katie
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I will also wear Spanx under normal clothes from time to time if I want to "smooth things out." I wear the regular Spanx brand in the style that goes from right under the bra to mid thigh. I think they are comfortable.

Just an FYI: We had a girl on the Hawaii board who was concerned about how her waist would look in her dress. She tried on a bunch of different products (including Spanx) and measured her waist wearing each product. The winner by far was a Frederick's of Hollywood corset. It took off quite a bit on her measurements. She also posted pictures of herself in a tight silky tank top with each one, and the corset didn't cause any ripples or seams in the tank. She did look noticeably smaller in the corset, but I don't remember if she commented on comfort. If that's your area of concern, you might want to give it a try. I don't think it was much to order it online. HTH.
  • Options
    chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had cups sewn into my dress to avoid having to wear a bra or a longbra with my dress.  I wore spanx (the ones that go to mid thigh) with my dress & it was great!
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • Options
    benandmegginbenandmeggin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Totally do the spanx.  I got them for trying on the dresses and they are great.  Make sure the get "a higher power" cut.  It goes from mid thigh to under your boobs.  They are quite comfortable and they do make you feel better.
    Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly. Pregnancy Ticker</a
  • Options
    jennyfairejennyfaire member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks to everyone who responded!  Keep the comments coming and I'll let you know how my spanx search goes and how it works out in 2 months!

:)
  • Options
    kisseslaurenkisseslauren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I work at a bridal shop and girls always comment how great the bras are, I was checking a price and happened to look at their mission. They wanted a strapless bra that cinches you in and has cleavage. I've never tried the bras but they seem to work the brand is called Flattering me. I have tried spanx.  I wore them with a clingy gown I wore once. I got it at Kholes I dont remember the brand. The positives: It sucked me in so much cause I used to have a prominate pooch. The negitive: I am not sure if I bought a size too small but I felt like I being sqished at the rib cage
  • Options
    CCHAMBERS2CCHAMBERS2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Jenny,
    Any luck find a good selection of Spanx in Colorado? I'm also researching shops across the state and would love to know if you had any luck with anyone.
    Thanks!
    Carrie

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards