Colorado-Denver
Options

Bachelorette Party HELP!!!!

I need some serious HELP!!!! I know the bride isn't suppose to plan her own party but I don't have a maid of honor and all my maids are in super crazy schedules with cash restraints and since I'm currently unemployed with tons of time I figured I'd step up to the plate. I know you're thinking go out to some bars and be done with it. One of my maids is a recovering alcoholic so I want to be sensitive and not choose an activity focused around drinking. One of them is my fiances  younger sister who is very uncomfortable when it comes to sex and naked men (no pleasure parties or strip clubs!) she also hates anything spooky (no ghost tours, which I would have loved). One of my maids wanted to do a Vegas trip but lets face it, that could ran a couple hundred dollars and since I had to pay for 2 of my maids dresses since they couldn't afford it I can't see that happening. I want to do something fun but I also want to be considerate of everyones feelings and budgets. I suggested going to Lannies Clocktower or a striptease class (you keep your clothes on and I mentioned if it was too racy we could toss it) and my bros fiance shot both those down saying that they weren't any fun in front of all my other maids. So I'm at a loss. I know spa days are popular but treatments can get expensive. Also I'm bunking with my parents since my fiance is depolyed so I feel akward about bringing all my girls to my parents house for a bachelorette party. HELP!!!!!!

Re: Bachelorette Party HELP!!!!

• Options
    HeywhitneyHeywhitney member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about a themed scavenger hunt?  You could go downtown and split into teams with a bacherolette themed list of items that people need to somehow acquire.  Then meet up for lunch or tapas or at someone's house or something and let the craziness begin with all the stories of how people had to ask a stranger if they had something for the scavenger hunt.

We did this for a friends bridal shower a few years ago and it was fun!  Plus lot's of funny pics and stories came out of it. Then go out with anyone who wants to, later on.  Don't make it mandatory so that you won't be pushing someone into a situation they are uncomfortable with.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    whitney, i love that idea!!

you could just throw a simple shower at your home, nothing fancy or have a girls brunch or dinner/drinks?

or you could do comedy works, it's not SO expensive and you do drink (alcoholic or non)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    a girls night in.. Movies, popcorn, drinks, at home spa time (DIY spa time).

you could go get medi/pedis, the lunch or dinner and a movie

Comedy clubs

trip to the mouatins or estates park to just walk the town and talk and shop

Micha purse party- http://www.michebag.com/pages/how-to

Pamper Chef Party- I know a lady who sells it if you are intersted.

Jewlery party  http://silpada.com/public/ad/requestInfo/gettingStarted/findRepresentative.jsf?ad_placement_id=Ad9dN1QfbvI6YQWvYFhtq3s=

Or some type of party like the purse, pamper chef, and jewlery parties i know there are more then that i listed i just can't seem to think of them all

You could even do like an open house type party and have the purse, pamper chef and jewlery party all at the same time....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the idea of a girls weekend of relaxing in the mountains!  Pick a place and get either a house on VRBO.com or get a hotel and just go up and enjoy the .  Do a day of pampering optional if not everyone can afford a massage then maybe they can afford a pedi.  Just going out and getting wasted doesn't have to be the theme spending quality time together matters more!!  And if you go to the mountains you can go hiking and fishing and depending on the time of year even river rafting!!  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There are many hot springs around Colorado that can give nice relaxation without the cost of spa treatments but many of them do offer spa treatments as well for those who want them.
  • Options
    mizjodimizjodi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    One word of warning; if YOU'RE doing this/hosting it, DON'T call it a b-party! Call it a thank you party or something :)

There are many many things you can do! But again, if you're hosting, avoid the b-party, because you're right, you can't host your own b-party or shower, but you CAN host a thank you party for your girls :)
    BabyFruit Ticker boots badgeDaisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • Options
    Jade0085Jade0085 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I really like the movie night in idea! No pressure to drink and it's not too expensive if you get movies from Red Box and snacks.

If you change your mind about the tease class I've heard they are really fun!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A girls night IN is a great idea.  Relax, have some fun, but pamper yourself and your bridal party.  Try "A Wild Thyme Catering and Events", to provide fabulous food and decorations they provide for free so you don't have to do all the work yourself.  Smile
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    +1 on the girls night in.  Movies, popcorn, candy, maybe even make it a slumber party.  It would be fun to recall what everyone did at slumber parties when we were kids (anyone else do light as a feather, stiff as a board?)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok.. well, I like the girls night in idea, however, you said you didn't want to bring everyone over to your parents house since that is where you currently live.  How about finding an inexpensive hotel where a few of you can stay in the same room and split the cost down the middle?  Or, find adjoining hotel rooms (you know, the kind where there is a door in the middle connecting the two rooms) so then you would have more room if you have a few people. Then, you can do a girls night in... cocktails, carpet picnic, scrapbooking, maybe hanging out by the pool/spa?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

coming out of lurking::::
    -"Sippin and painting" in denver is a ton of fun with a bunch of girlfriends. 

http://www.sippingnpainting.com/

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards