Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

*Jamy0807 *

Hi, and welcome! thanks for making and account to join in the fun of posting!

First of all, tell us all about your wedding, and share pics, omg I LOVE pics! Thanks!

Second, please when you do post, don't just copy and paste the same thing twice, it seems a little redundant.

Re: *Jamy0807 *

• Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I smell a one and done poster.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Me too.  ;)  shame. Because I love me some newbies.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Why do people take things so personal? I thought we agreed long ago for honest opinions?!?

Can't we all just get along ;)
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

HOLD UP

When was your wedding Jamy?

Marc really didnt start talking about this thingy until very recently, like this month....

Jamy did you just get married?!

CONGRATS!

Where did you HM?

Tell us all about it!

image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    Jamy0807Jamy0807 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My parents own a house in Lancaster with 5 acres overlooking the mountains. That's where the ceremony and reception are taking place. I'm a simple bride with simple tastes which is why the isit is perfect. Although it's "techy" it's simple and effective. I've gotten a lot of ideas from here but I think people here form these little sewing circles which is why there are a lot of lurkers and the same posters.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We always welcome new posters!  I love when people come to play, since most of us are married here. I really want new people to come talk.

Well, congrats, and the wedding sounds cute.
    What else have you booked?
    Are you using Marc as your photog too?

• Options
    Jamy0807Jamy0807 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_jamy0807?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:7821917e-3ee6-48b2-82f4-208b973b2fadPost:d9958c06-6c14-408d-a5b6-153bb1ba2089">Re: *Jamy0807 *</a>:
    [QUOTE]HOLD UP When was your wedding Jamy? Marc really didnt start talking about this thingy until very recently, like this month.... Jamy did you just get married?! CONGRATS! Where did you HM? Tell us all about it!
    Posted by CaitC21[/QUOTE]

This thing has been out for months and I was at a wedding that had it there. Which is why I rented it for mine this august. You should read a little more carefully
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_jamy0807?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:7821917e-3ee6-48b2-82f4-208b973b2fadPost:0e2bf552-b220-42ed-8cc1-95a1446a4fde">Re: *Jamy0807 *</a>:
    [QUOTE]My parents own a house in Lancaster with 5 acres overlooking the mountains. That's where the ceremony and reception are taking place. I'm a simple bride with simple tastes which is why the isit is perfect. Although it's "techy" it's simple and effective. I've gotten a lot of ideas from here but I think people here form these little sewing circles which is why there are a lot of lurkers and the same posters.
    Posted by Jamy0807[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing Lancaster County?  It's a beautiful area! 

I'm a recent newbie and felt this is a great board.  Yes, people are honest, but not catty like other board.  I enjoy the non-flame atmosphere. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So, that last line was a little uncalled for... I just reread your posts and didn't see anything about your wedding in August. It really isn't cool to jump on people when they're legitimately trying to be nice, as cait & b2b were.

Lancaster is gorgeous. I used to live in Christiana, and DD's grandparents live in Gap in front of a huge farm. It's actually pretty close to my neck of the woods.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Paprika!

I am far from catty or whatever, ok sometimes I can be catty, but I am just going off of what Ive seen from both Marc's personal and business facebooks!
  • Options
    Jamy0807Jamy0807 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    @bride to be - Marc is my photographer. So far I have everything except finalizing a menu from our caterer. @mana - it is beautiful and I couldn't think of a better place then to get married in the home I grew up in. @paprika - nothing I said was uncalled for. Investigate and see how all my posts developed. CaitC posted as if to doubt me. Which leads me to my feelings about this board. There is some drama that occurs here but why is it that there are hundreds of Philly brides who are a member of the knot yet if you go through every post here it's always the same 15 or so brides posting? I'm not saying brides here are intimidating, because they're not. I'm saying people like me prefer to sit back and read.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jamy, I'm not trying to start anything or be catty, or keep you from posting here. The main jist of my comment back to you was that the one line that you wrote, "You should read a little more carefully" was maybe a little harsh. I can see exactly where Cait would have maybe thought you had gotten married already, as I kinda got that impression from you saying you rented it for your wedding. The next line after you said that said that 'everyone loved it', and had I not re-read the sentence, and realized that you were back talking about the original wedding you saw it at, I would have assumed you were married as well.

Cait was genuinely asking questions, and I see nothing wrong with what she posted. And we really avoid drama at all costs over here. I'm sure there's a ton of brides who are from Philly and don't post over here. I technically should be a DE bride, because I'm so close to the state lines, but I prefer the Philly board because the girls (and guy) over here are awesome. It's usually the same 15 or so brides because we've struck up a friendship (on a drama free board) and we kinda meet here every day to chat. On a chat board. kwim?

And again, I'll repeat how gorgeous Lancaster is. Are you closer to the Gap area, or closer to the city/outlets?
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Who else is booked for your vendors? Did you book a videographer?
  • Options
    Jamy0807Jamy0807 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No videographer. In fact I got the isit just for that reason. My cousin is going to video it but I like guests being able to record a message if they want too. I've got my dress. It's the Ava by Maggie Sottero. That's the thing im most excited about. It's perfect for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    the Ava is a gorgeous dress.  I love me some Maggie Sottero
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love me a good maggie dress.
    I look at her stuff all the time, for when I finally start trying on dresses.

Beautiful dress!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Maggie Sottero dresses. They are so SOFT.  Unfortunately for me, none of the ones I tried on looked very nice on me.  lol. 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooo... the ava is beautiful. :) I love maggie dresses. I was bound and determined not to care who the designer of my dress was, but when I found mine, and they told me it was a maggie, I just started cracking up.

I wasn't set on a videographer either. I think we're just gonna have one for the ceremony, which is only costing us an extra hundred through our photographer. It's really the only thing I might watch again. I'll be uploading it straight to my computer though, and backing it up so I don't lose it. I have a bad tendancy to ruin DVD's. (Just ask my 3rd copy of The devil wears Prada.)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I looked at Maggie dresses, but they were just a little 'much' for the kind of wedding I ended up having. 

..but if I could do it all over again... oh dear Maggie.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards