July 2012 Weddings
Options

I FINALLY found THE dress! PIP

And no I don't mean wedding dress :) So as some of you know, FI and I went shopping in Chicago on Saturday for makeup and a rehearsal dinner dress. Poor FI, but he was a good sport. We were in the city for 8 hours, 6 of which were spent dress shopping. I couldn't find one single thing that I liked. Nothing. It was pathetic. We had about an hour left to shop before we had to walk back to catch the train and I was so burned out, but we stopped into Bloomingdales to see what they had. And I found this!!!!

I adore it! It was just so-so on the hanger, but I tried it on because I was desperate to not leave Chicago without a dress, and it is so flattering and cute. I actually decided that I'm going to wear it to my shower, rather than the rehearsal dinner, partly because it's more formal than my original dress, and the restaurant where my shower is being held is pretty formal. And also because I want lots of people to see it haha. I just had to share my excitement because I've ordered and sent back probably 6 dresses now, and now I can stop searching!
Photobucket

Re: I FINALLY found THE dress! PIP

• Options
    Very cute!! Yay!! And you are lucky your FI was a good sport - I know mine would have been DONE after about an hour and a half of looking haha.

So are you going to wear your shower dress to the RD now?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I absolutely LOVE that dress! So cute.
    "Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_i-finally-found-the-dress-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:7cfd6e61-d988-4f1b-904c-b4b2d5de26cbPost:ff763273-0131-433f-8c86-3ce10d381a26">Re: I FINALLY found THE dress! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]Very cute!! Yay!! And you are lucky your FI was a good sport - I know mine would have been DONE after about an hour and a half of looking haha. <strong>So are you going to wear your shower dress to the RD now?</strong>
    Posted by BmoreBride311[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's my plan. I love that dress too, but it is a little less formal, which would be appropriate for our pretty laid back RD.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    adorable!!!  yay!!  FI is such a good sport!!
  • Options
    So cute! Glad you found something you love!!

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    ohhhhhhhh it's so cute!! congrats on having such an amazing fiance :) I am so glad you found one!!

Did you get any fun makeup while you were in Chi???
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_i-finally-found-the-dress-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:7cfd6e61-d988-4f1b-904c-b4b2d5de26cbPost:b68d2866-6f38-42ec-b9b2-6beae256ab51">Re: I FINALLY found THE dress! PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]ohhhhhhhh it's so cute!! congrats on having such an amazing fiance :) I am so glad you found one!! <strong>Did you get any fun makeup while you were in Chi???</strong>
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

Sort of lol. I got a sample of MUFE Mat Velvet foundation, but it's way too light. I think I'm going to order it in a couple shades that I think would match my skintone, and return what doesn't work. I also picked up the Bobbi Brown corrector and sheer pressed finishing powder, but I think I'm going to return the powder for something darker. She matched me with pale yellow, but I think it washes me out. Still undecided on the corrector. It isn't the end all be all to my awful undereye circles, and I'm not sure if the shade is wrong or if I'm just doomed for life haha.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    That dress is very cute!! Sometimes you always find things when you really aren't looking. :)

I am still struggling to find a dress for my shower also.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    LOVE! I'm so happy you found a great dress finally! Phew :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    So cute! I'm glad you finally found something after all that returning :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yayy! Love your dress! So glad you finally found something! What a relief huh?? :
  • Options
    Cute dress! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That dress is so cute! Glad you finally found something you liked and were able to complete another check.  Yea for your awesome FI for sticking it out!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Cute dress and your FI is a champ!
    Follow Me on Pinterest Anniversary
  • Options
    That is such a cute dress! I need to go out shopping for dresses soon!

Anniversary
  • Options
    That is a very pretty dress, and your FI is a good sport, mine would not last an hour for me to dress shop!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards