Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

allow me to introduce myself

Hi! I'm new to the message boards. I've been engaged for almost 2 weeks, but have been a member of the knot for awhile.

I have absolutely nothing set in stone. There are only a few things i know for sure: 1. who i am marrying. and 2. I WANT to get married in Holy Cross church in Springfield, pa. and 3. I want a fall wedding, late Sept to First weekend in Nov in 2012 Thats it. thats all i know.

Colors: some shade of purple from Eggplant to Dark Magenta, and a deep teal color.

Im trying to avoid flowers. I know a wedding without flowers how is that going to happen, but to spend SO much money on something that dies just kills me. But again i have a lot of ideas just need to come up with a final plan

I am looking at receptions venues in the Delaware county area, but I am a bride on a budget, daddy's money only stretches so far.

I would love any ideas you have!

Re: allow me to introduce myself

• Options
    edited December 2011

Hey guys... ^^^ THIS IS MY COUSIN ^^^

:):) Hi Shanny :)

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    (she's also one of my bridesmaids.  And awesome)
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the engagement and welcome to the Philly board!
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, RA's cousin! Welcome to the Philly board!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    THE COUSIN HAS ARRIVED!!!

Welcome to the board!!  Share the engagment story!
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and super-welcome! Awesome brides-to-be are always welcome!!!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    WELCOME and congrats!  I'm getting married Fall 2012 too. 
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi RA's cousin! RA is awesome, so I kinda have expectations now. :) I kid, I kid.

Congrats on the engagement! RA wouldn't tell us how it happened, so you'd better share. :)

ETA: I'm from Delco originally:) Ridley Park, representing. :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congratulations on your engagement and welcome to the board!  And yay for a Delco wedding.  I'm originally from Drexel Hill.

• Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome Welcome! My sister got married at concordville inn and it was lovely, but I know nothing about price etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!

I had a friend that used a hall in Springfield for her reception, I could try to get the information for you if you'd like. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also looked at a few Delco wedding locations and would be happy to pass on the info for them: The Radnor Hotel (where I'm getting married), Winterthur Museum, and The Stone Barn.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I would LOVE any information you have!!!

soo the engagement. In true Philly style he did it at the Phillies game:

So its quite possible that I have been bugging him about getting married for some time. It is also possible that I told him if we werent engaged by 4 years his ass would be FIRED! But I will not confirm any of the above statements..... So for our 4 year anniversary he asks what I want to do....and I say the famous last words....just surprise me.
    ***Side note: Poor guyis not very good at surprises. FOr our first Valentine's day, I was away at school, and he commuted to a different school. Earlier that week he ordered himself a new computer. He calls me from school and asks if I could check his email to see if his computer shipped yet. Well the first email was from 1-800-FLOWERS........
    So anyway, I dont know why I asked to be surprised, I really don't like surprises, its the control freak in me..... I have my suspicions about what we will be doing for our anniversary, but I don't know for sure. I get home on Friday and he has a present for me, its a Phillies T-shirt, and 2 Phillies tickets! YAY!!! This will be fun!!! I love phillies games! So about the 8th Inning, he gets up to "go to the bathroom" and I am sitting there all alone freezing to death, and off in my own little world. He comes back with a bag.....In the bag is another shirt, "what did you get me another shirt for" I open the shirt up it was folded perfectly by the way...on the front it says Chicks Dig Diamonds ( get it diamonds, baseball.....) and my first thought is ha ha ha you are NOT funny. I turn the shirt around and it says Marry Me! on it, I turn around shocked and there he is down on one knee with the ring. (holy Mother of God is this really happening) I give him a BIG hug and he says look up there (pointing to the top of our section) and I am thinking oh great there is a freaking camera in my face, ugh! But there are a bunch of people yelling and cheering and clapping. I say in my stupor and blurry vision, "who IS that" and he said its our family! I dropped everyting in my hands in shock!!! He invited my family and his family to the game to watch! They bought tickets in different sections and all met up at the first out of the 8th inning....sneaky sneak. I was beyond surprised

• Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    edited December 2011
    Awwww, super awesome proposal story! Congrats and welcome!

P.S. I live in Delco, and one of the girls I work with is getting married in Delco next year, so I can pass along and good info I get from her!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is a great engagement story!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That is one of the sweetest proposal stories!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome- I am from Delco too! I am getting married in Montgomery county but are using a ton of Delco vendors since they were recommended by friends. Good luck and let me know if you need anything!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, are engagement stories are almost identical!  Love it!

He proposed at the Phillies game.  He "went to the bathroom" and came back with a tshirt for me.  On the back it said "WILLUMARRYME" as the player name.  And then I turn around to find our entire families at the game too!

CRAZY!!

• Options
    lauren123455lauren123455 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That story just gave me chills --- SOOOO cute!  My fiance and I had talked about getting engaged for awhile before we actually did, so I laid out two ground rules: (1) not at the Phillies game, and (2) I must have make up on (i.e. not after the Broad Street Run, which I knew he was planning on).....but I must say, this story really makes me reconsider requirement (1).  You have such a great story now!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Your story gave me goose bumps!  TOO CUTE!
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Dibs - I thought it was you that had a similar proposal story!

We joked about doing it at a phillies game... only FI is a braves fan, and I would have been boo'd.  I'm slowly converting him hehe
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    bballgirl8789bballgirl8789 member
    edited December 2011
    That is an awesome engagement story!!  Welcome to the Philly Board!!! 

A solution to your flowers, you could maybe try silk flowers.  Since real flowers are kinda pricey, we have a large wedding party, we decided to do silk and they are much cheaper and look just as nice.  Congrats again! :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey RA's cousin! Glad you came to join!

Welcome and Congrats on your engagement!!
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's so cute! I love it! Welcome, RA's cousin! :)

Another suggestion for flowers- if you're the least bit coordinated, you could always do some flowers yourself. We're doing all the bouquets and bouts the day before, and ordering them from Costco. It's saving us a ton, mainly because I felt the same way as you. The centerpieces are mainly christmas balls, possibly poinsettias, and greens from the evergreens in our neighborhood.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oh, and i have barely been engaged for 2 weeks, and my sister is already Bridezilla. Apparently my wedding is her redo wedding.

Ask RA she will tell you all about her.

Love her to death, but if i disappear its cuz i went to jail for beating her :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats and welcome! Great proposal story. Also, a delco girl. Actually, RA & I may have lived not very far from each other when we were babies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    CleverGirl01CleverGirl01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh joy, a mini RA. Just what the boards need.
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_allow-introduce-myself?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:7f0ed85e-5967-411b-96e8-ae4dcd32ee61Post:a41c1b78-4d87-4e91-be47-f6b0759f8f3d">Re: allow me to introduce myself</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh joy, a mini RA. Just what the boards need.
    Posted by CleverGirl01[/QUOTE]

I welcome the addition of anyone RA, who I think is awesome herself, deems awesome!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards