Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Good Morning!

I'm stuck in a hotel in Harrisburg. Supposed to have a few work meetings here today, but suprise, surprise, they're cancelled because of the weather. Now I'm just hanging out until the ice melts away this afternoon. I just looked out the window and it looks like everything out there - including the roadways - is covered in a solid inch or so of ice.
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Good Morning!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Morning!

Is there cool TV?

I got just got an email from my mom saying my invites are in!  I so should have mailed the UK postage for the RSVPs to her a few days ago, crap!
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There is and it even has HBO! It shouldn't be too bad staying here. Though I'm not looking forward to the drive back to Philly.
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning!

We got all rain here in MD.  Sorry you're stuck Bean!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just got a new channel here called Sky Atlantic, Sky is the satellite company.  Anyway it's HBO, Showtime shows starting from the beginning, as well as specials etc.
    I am SO freaking excited.  I considered not going out last night to stay home and watch, then I thought that might be an issue so I recorded.  

I'm going to get to watch so many things I missed over the years, plus watch my favs again. AND save money for the end of wedding panning, saving for a house, saving for 2 other overseas weddings of friends and having a baby. YAY!

I would think my life is sad, BUT everyone else here is really excited as well so I decided it's not AS sad.  
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning!  Nothing but rain here in Annapolis.  It's yucky and gray and wet outside but I guess I'll take it over sheets of ice.  I just have to keep dreaming of baseball weather.  12 days until pitchers and catchers report and (AW) I bought my home opener tickets yesterday!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning.  Bean - you should go to the Hershey spa!  My feet are soaked.  I can't wait until this rain goes away!
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    Dibs - I'm very jealous!  I think FI got tickets for a few games... including vs Braves (his team, yea I know... at least it's not the Mets!).  I'm itching for Baseball season!
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Am I the only one who doesn't really get in to baseball? I guess I just like violent sports better... Football, soccer, lacrosse...

Maybe I'll have FI bring me to a game this year. Maybe.

Good morning, btw! :)

We only had rain here, although, it's kinda slippery in parts. Mainly my driveway.

Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All this weather is annoying. I hate ice! I almost fell a bunch of times walking my dog.
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning,  I'm getting sick with a sinus infection.  I'm hoping that it doesn't last too long. 

Paprika- I don't like baseball either.  I like going to games just for the atmosphere, but I could care less about the game. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's ice in MontCo.  I cleaned off the car and made it into the office though.  I'm really really unappy about being here.

NCV - Do you get like an on demand service where you can watch the shows you want when you want?
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Amy, going to the game is way more fun.  I just grew up watching baseball.  It's the only thing on in the summer and my dad is obsessed.  I know when FI and I started dating I said I was a sports fan.  He didn't believe me until I told him "talk during the game about non-game things again and you can go home".  Mind you it was the WS... I don't mess around! 
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning ladies!

The morning walk was a bit icy, but I'm so happy that it's raining instead of freezing rain right now! I have a crazy busy day, so I really wasn't going to be able to get stuck at home (read: work from my bed) today.

Bean, that suuuuucks. I hope your ride home is safe. I second the spa idea!

NCV, I'm going to have to search again for your invite post, somehow I missed it! That's so exciting that they're in!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    not too icy here in jersey. I was running around like a nut again this morning trying to take car of the dogs and then I find out DH took my car keys because he was moving the cars around. Luckily my parents live down the street to so I had to briskly walk down the street with my dog and grab the spare. awesome start to the morning.

the plus side: I'm working the day shift instead of the night today :) and no one is here right now!! YAY!
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That Hershey Spa idea sounds promising :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning, I thought of you ladies this morning. When I went out to clean my car, I simply rolled down each window and punched the ice out in one solid sheet.  BRILLIANT.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-morning-201?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:805cf02b-e9df-440d-affb-fb733d02e4a2Post:75c99189-72ea-40f5-8ab3-4e33d1698e03">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning, I thought of you ladies this morning. When I went out to clean my car, I simply rolled down each window and punched the ice out in one solid sheet.  BRILLIANT.
    Posted by caraellen23[/QUOTE]

me too!! I wish I could have done the same with my windsheild and back window though :-P  That took some arm muscles...
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_good-morning-201?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:805cf02b-e9df-440d-affb-fb733d02e4a2Post:9ee020f5-d7f6-4167-a455-563d7f81c5e7">Re: Good Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good Morning! : me too!! I wish I could have done the same with my windsheild and back window though :-P  That took some arm muscles...
    Posted by Jesster153[/QUOTE]

haha, yeah, I did the windows first and felt all proud of myself.  Then I started the windsheild...... ;-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning ladies!

I finally made it into work an hour late. At least I made it. My entire path was ice this morning. I slipped a few times while cleaning my car off but no serious injuries haha.

I'd like for it to be spring now!
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning! We had a two hour delay, which was nice since it's nasty out. Thankfully it's raining now. Fingers crossed it gets rid of this snow!
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards