Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Florist Help!!!

Can anyone recommend a great Florist?? I'm getting married in September at the Cescaphe Ballroom and trying to find a florist. I have an apt scheduled with Carl Alan at the end of the month, but wanted to make some other appoinments to compare.  I'm trying to stay under $3300 if I can.  

Re: Florist Help!!!

• I loved my florist, Whimsical Welcomes.  Leslie is very popular on this board.  She might be a little bit far from S.Jersey for you but check out her work on her website and blog and then decide.  She's super creative, great with a budget, and wonderful to work with. 
    whimsicalwelcomesflowers.blogspot.com
  • I'm using Petals Lane - Brittany is the sweetest and she'll definitely work with your budget. I am 100% confident in her ability and professionalism. http://petalslane.com/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am using Carl Alan and am very happy so far!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • I visited with Petals Lane and Garden Party Sisters (in NJ) before meeting with (and falling in love with) Carl Alan.  I really liked Petals Lane and Garden Party Sisters, too....but I'm not that creative and really liked being able to see the mock ups at Carl Alan before booking.  That being said, definitely make appts with a few other florists before visin Carl Alan (and I think he even tells you to do that, so you have an idea what you want b/c he brings in exactly what you want).  I'd recommend the ones I visited --- I've heard great things about their work.  Garden Party was the least expensive of the florists I visited (and the tax in Salem County NJ where they're located is lower, which helps).  Mary (the designer there) is very talented, friendly, and creative.  I really liked her ideas.  Brittany from Petals Lane was very nice, but I told her my budget and then her proposal came in double that and she wasn't very willing to work with the proposal, which I found to be bad business. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am using Darlene with Precious Petals. She has two locations. Huntingdon Valley and Marlton, NJ. She is awesome. She did my sisters wedding too and she did some flowers for a photo shoot I had a work. She does amazing work. Carl Alan is great too....

image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • marcus hook florists.  recomended by an undertaker (they should know!) i have passed this info on & EVERYONE has been pleased. they are way cheaper,too!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_florist-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:849eaa80-8914-41b8-9def-8dc6670c348ePost:7e9cfd6a-c0ef-4738-8f10-77005c1ff85b">Re: Florist Help!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I visited with Petals Lane and Garden Party Sisters (in NJ) before meeting with (and falling in love with) Carl Alan.  I really liked Petals Lane and Garden Party Sisters, too....but I'm not that creative and really liked being able to see the mock ups at Carl Alan before booking.  That being said, definitely make appts with a few other florists before visin Carl Alan (and I think he even tells you to do that, so you have an idea what you want b/c he brings in exactly what you want).  I'd recommend the ones I visited --- I've heard great things about their work.  Garden Party was the least expensive of the florists I visited (and the tax in Salem County NJ where they're located is lower, which helps).  Mary (the designer there) is very talented, friendly, and creative.  I really liked her ideas.  <strong>Brittany from Petals Lane was very nice, but I told her my budget and then her proposal came in double that and she wasn't very willing to work with the proposal, which I found to be bad business. 
    </strong>Posted by lauren123455[/QUOTE]

Hmmm. That's weird. Her proposal was above what I originally wanted (slightly) and we ended up cutting it down to within my budget pretty easily.

And I didn't have a good experience with Carl Alan! So, I think the moral of the story is, make sure you meet with a few. You'll figure out who you want to work with based on your meetings and their proposals.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I can finally help with someithing. I feel all I do is take advice from all of you and give nothing back...

Florist... I've met with everyone in the Philly area. There are some really amazing florist out there, but I had no idea how expensive flowers are. 

I was going to go with Roberston, then I met a girl at a bridal event at the Sofitel. She told me about Modern Touch. I worked with the owner Christine. She was a designer in NYC and moved back to Philly and opend her business. Her work is so amazing .She just has an eye for it or something. I felt she knew exactly what I was talking about and gave me some great unique ideas. 

Robertson, no doubt are awesome, but Modern Touch was almost half the price for more. 

Ok, that's my two cents. Back to planning...

Andrea 
  • Marcus Hook Florist is great and inexpensive! :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_florist-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:849eaa80-8914-41b8-9def-8dc6670c348ePost:fb5cb304-9f70-4c5e-a8c1-18ba52ac03f2">Re: Florist Help!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Marcus Hook Florist is great and inexpensive! :)
    Posted by Lynda3683[/QUOTE]

I'm also using Marcus Hook Florist. They do great work.

imageimageimage

March 2013 Board February Siggy
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lauren & William
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 152 Invited so far!
    image 100 Are ready to party!
    image 24 Will be missing out!
    image 28 Are MIA!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards