Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Tipping for hair and make up trials

Hi ladies,

I'm not around here much but since my wedding is quickly approaching I just may be here a bit more in the coming months!  Is it customary to tip for hair and make up trials?  My guess is yes.  Any thoughts?  Would it be the typical 20% of what the service would normally cost?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tipping for hair and make up trials

• Options

I actually just had my trials on Tuesday. It was 2 girls, one did hair one did makeup, I tipped them both 20%.

• Options
    I actually did not tip for make-up.  I paid her in advance for the trial/day of  ($150)  and I will tip the day of the wedding! 

I would def tip if you are at a salon though!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I tipped for both. My makeup trial was free and I tipped her $10. My hair trial was $40 and I also tipped her $10.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I forgot cash at my MU trial and I felt like an ass.  My wedding was a week later and I gave hr a bigger tip the day of the wedding, I told her I would do this after the trial.  The trial was free.

I didn't go through my whole updo at my hair "trial" instead my stylist just got an idea of what I wanted and played around with my hair.  She didn't charge me, I gave her $10.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards