Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Good news, finally!

So, we went out to look at houses on Friday.

We found one!  We put an offer in, and now the games begin.

it's a 4br/2ba, completely rehabbed house.  It's in a decent area- low crime, blue collar.  Many starter families and retirees.

We both love it.  It's 85 years old, so it has that charm that we both love (something we learned along the way- we like the older homes with charm over the newer cookie cutter homes).  It has hardwood floors on the main floor, carpet upstairs.  Two bedrooms downstairs, as well as one bath.  Two bedrooms upstairs as well as one bath.  Both baths are full.  Brand new kitchen- granite counter, stainless steel appliances, cheery cabinets.  First floor laundry.  Full basement.  Good size backyard, with the ability to put a deck or a porch on it.  Bilco doors (just for you, Amer). 

I am in love with it.  Of course, I learned the first time not to get too attached to it, so if it doesn't work out I won't be heart broken.  But we both would love for it to end up being ours.

Anyway, the offer went in on Friday, and we heard back today, and the countering has begun.  We know some things about it that they don't know we know- thanks to a good friend of my moms as well as our realtor- so if they start digging their feet in, we will start revealing what we know.  The fact that it's been on the market for 150 days, has had no offers, etc...well, anyway, we are keeping our fingers crossed.

So, if you girls could say some prayers, that would be awesome.  If we go under contract and everything looks good, we would settle on May 31st- my husband's birthday!

If everything works out and we go under contract, then I will post pictures.  I don't want to jinx myself!

Re: Good news, finally!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards