Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

engagement shoot location

hi ladies! i am very excited to have my engagement shoot in the end of june! i live in the philadelphia/king of prussia, pa area and am looking for a great place to have our shoot! my fiance and i would love to do it outside, in a park or beautiful area, preferrably around water and/or waterfalls. we are willing to travel some as well. does anyone have any suggestions? any help would be greatly appreciated! thanks so much!

Re: engagement shoot location

• Valley Forge Park is beautiful! I've seen great engagement photos taken there.
    Anniversary
  • I had mine done at VFP, there are so many great locations there.
    Anniversary
  • I had my e-pics done in St. Peters, PA (about 20 mins past KOP near Pottstown). There are lots of large boulders and trees and a pretty creek that runs through. We used sidewalk chalk to write the details of our save the date which turned out really nice.

I'd be happy to send some pictures  (I can't seem to upload them here.)

Wedding Pic Preview

Anniversary
  • Longwood Gardens in Delaware is absolutely stunning and has waterfalls and gardens. A little bit of a drive, but definately worth it!
  • kfraskfras member
    First Comment
    Fairmount Park by boathouse row, which makes for a nice background. Neshaminy State park by the Deleware river.. which i think would be free
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • deija97deija97 member
    First Comment
    We did ours at ridley park.
    Check out my engagement photos at carlosandjessica.weebly.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • greengirlwdggreengirlwdg member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    In Schwenksville  - less than 20 min. from KoP - there are several locations near each other.  Ott's Exotic Plants have an indoor waterfall and cave.  There is a park right before the bridge practically across the street on one side and  an old mill on the other side.  Both are along the Perkiomen Creek.  About 3 minutes up the road on Route 73 (Skippack Pike) is a historical house with pretty grounds and an amazing front porch - Pennypacker Mills.  There are lots of possibilities in a small area. 
  • we had our engagement at valley forge park (see pic below) and our wedding at ridley creek state park in newtown square. both very lovely places. good luck!
    Married 10/09/11
    Miss Claire born 5/29/13
    Our Happy Little Family
  • Married 10/09/11
    Miss Claire born 5/29/13
    Our Happy Little Family
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards