Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Morning

Ladies, I'm having a craptastic morning and I need to vent.

First off, I woke up to a text at 1:24 am from my kinda-but-not-really-cousin saying her mom was in the hospital, and could I stop by after work because they had something important to talk about.

I adore these folks, but they are the kind of people who don't have a firm grip on reality.  They ask for favors like "Could you ask your brother who is in law school to represent my friend in his DUI case?"  Um... he is in law SCHOOL, not a lawYER.   Or my personal favorite "We want to come to your wedding, but we need a ride.  Could you or your mom pick us up and take us home?"  So, I'm a little afraid of what they want to talk to me about.

Anway.

On my drive into work some DOUCEBAG ran out in front of my car on Route 1 and I almost clipped him.  Like a person on foot.  Ran out into traffic.  Not at an intersection, or even a well lit area. Wearing a black shirt. Scared the crap out of me. 

When I finally do get in to the office,  the pilot on the night shift left the place a mess.  I swear to heaven, he is the sloppiest person I have ever met and it pisses me off to no end that he does not respect other people or their belongings.  He is constently using my utensils- which I don't mind- but he doesn't wash them.  He just throws them in a desk drawer, or leaves them on a table for someone else to clean.  Today I came in to a big bag of fruit laying on the table and a bunch of dirty steak knives laying around.  There was a stain on table like he was cutting something and juice got all over the place.  There are literally a roll of paper towels on the same effing table he was cutting on, but he couldn't be bothered to wipe it up.

THEN, our call time for work is 5:30.  At 6:00 my pilot hadn't arrived, so I had to call and wake him up.  After I get off the phone with him, our office phone was ringing.  I ran into the pilots' office to get it and I tripped and fell because the GAWDDAMN night time pilot (who left the mess on the table) had the recliner part of the couch open and didn't close it, so when I ran in, I tripped over it and busted my ass.

I have a really bad headache and could use a coffee.

So.  How is everyone else today? :)
Mrs. JEGs
est 7.17.10
[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
Hunter Fillmore
October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress

Re: Morning

• Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    oh, and PS.... I'm boycotting television until the election is over.  I'm sick of seeing Pat Toomey's large head and hearing how to pronounce Onorato.  DAN Onorato.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amy - sorry you are having a bad morning. Ugh. That's just a day you want to go back to bed. I purposely used orange utensils when I've worked places that I needed them. I have a friend that asks weird favors too, but not that bad. How can you ask the mom or MOB for a ride to the wedding? WOW!!!

my back hurts today, but the kids parents hold him all the time so he wants to be held, but he's two and a half, but the size of a four year old. he is heavy!!!! I don't hold him much, but when his parents are around I feel like I have to. I am making an appointment with a chiropractor soon.

I am excited that we have another playdate with b2b! It makes my day so much better!

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well that is a crap day, I'm sorry.
    Did you talk to your cousin yet?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    NVC, not yet.  It's only 7:18 am here ;)  I'll stop by the hospital after work.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, I sent in my letter of resignation yesterday.  It was exciting.  However now it's nerve wracking because no one was read it yet.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Awe I am sorry you are having a bad start to the day! Hugs!

I am excited for my day too! I love hanging out with a knottie and her nanny kiddie. Should be fun today at the please touch museum :)  

ps I am TIRED though!  Damn weather.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I thought maybe you called Amer since she called you in the middle of the night and all.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning.  After a recent rash of ungrateful people in my life, my morning was brightened by a sincerely grateful homeless person that I gave a donut to.  The little things in life...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Amer - I'm so sorry you're having a bad day :( I hope everything turns out okay!
    NCV - good for you for getting your letter in.  Good luck with everything.

I'm am exhausted this morning.  It's been a stressful week.  My dad went to the hospital on Monday and he's not coming home until at least Friday.  He has an infected colon and until yesterday his blood pressure was really high.  He's going to be fine.  They just need to have him finish up some antibiotics.  He hasn't eaten anything since Sunday and they're going to try to give him some liquids and jello today to see how it goes.
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amerbutt - WOW not the way to start your day.  I just told the FI yesterday, I just want ONE WHOLE week where someone doesn't try to take my jeep out on my way to work.  Tuesday was a little car, after passing me, tried to get into my lane while I was still in it.  I mean, NO one was in front of us and they didn't need to be in my lane... they went straight just like me!

QTsGirl - hope your dad is ok! 

Today is good so far, except I forgot my coffee at home - NOOO!!! I bought some coffee at work so I wouldn't be like crack addict later.  It's not as good, but will do.  Suppose to meet the FI for lunch, but something always happens, so I bought a lunch just in case.

(let's see if this message sends, unlike my other one!)
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    MH... did I just feel a thumb?

LOL.. totally cheered me up.  Thank you ;)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I watch ellen every day and I think this was the funniest prank she has done yet. The ones with Dennis Quiad are funny too.  I don't know how David didn't laugh though! he is not an actor and he did a better job than Dennis did.

Amer look up those clips. You will die laughing.
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning all!

Amer, that is the worst. I hate mornings anyway, and would be the biggest b!tch ever after a morning like yours.

NCV, good for you and good luck! Sending in a letter of resignation can be nerve wracking!

QTs, T&P for your dad. I hope they have a flavor of jello he likes!

I had a horrendous day yesterday, and today is going to be clean-up from that mess. I should be spending the vast majority of the morning in a judicial hearing for some students who severely f'ed up. Not my favorite way to spend a day...
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    QTsgirl- I hope dad will be ok :)

Speaking of parents... my mom said that she is CANCER FREE!  She needs to go to radiation still though. But it is good the cancer did not spread!!  so thanks for everyone that kept her in your T&P. I love you guys
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_morning-54?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:8c98d325-6712-472c-a2de-817411b2598ePost:b0ed9c18-9810-4be5-b4c9-c4438efe4bdf">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]QTsgirl- Speaking of parents... my mom said that she is CANCER FREE!  She needs to go to radiation still though. But it is good the cancer did not spread!!  so thanks for everyone that kept her in your T&P. I love you guys
    Posted by Bride_to_be_2011[/QUOTE]

YAY!  So 6 weeks of radiation and done?! 
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Amer - Knottie vibes your way for a better day! oo and that even rhymed. And I am also just going to stay way from TV in general until after Tuesday. I'm SICK of political ads that make stupid people vote a certain way because the candidate's commerical was better. I despise attack ads - why waste money to say everything your opponent has done that's negative - why not actual tell us what you intend to do. Gee - wouldn't that be a cold day in hell.

QT - T&P for your dad - hopefully he gets better.

It seems like everyone's week has stunk. At least it's Thursday. My day is a little better since the bosses will be out tomorrow - which means if it's slow, I'm totally reading and doing homework or wedding related stuff.

Hope everyone's day is a little better - and to Amer and Mana - drive safely going home!

*~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    B2B-- I just looked them up on youtube.  Holy crap.  I cannot stop laughing.
    Taylor Swift in the bathroom???  AAAAAAAHAHHAHAH
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I love Ellen, but I can't stand his accent he sounds so stupid, to be honest most footballers do though.  

There aren't political ads on TV here, I have to say I like it.  

Check this out.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    B2B that's great that your mom is cancer free!  
  • Options
    mana8503mana8503 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_morning-54?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:8c98d325-6712-472c-a2de-817411b2598ePost:5bdbf415-a04f-44a2-944e-cc711d0144f9">Re: Morning</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hope everyone's day is a little better - and to Amer and Mana - drive safely going home!
    Posted by FutureMrsTCT[/QUOTE]

THANKS!  Drive home is alittle better, since I go to the gym to miss the traffic.  Funny how 1-1.5 hours makes a HUGE difference!
    my 2012 shelf:
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    morning!

knottie vibe and thoughts and prays to all who need them!

any one have any extra time in their day? can I borrow it?
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    good morning!! amer- sorry you're not off to a good start I hope the day gets better for you.

My morning wasn't so great either. I had the worst sleep last night. Waking up every hour, idk why. I need a new mattress but we can't afford one. It's so hard and it really hurts my back and shoulders since I normally sleep on my sides. I'm also sore because DH and I were working on the sidewalk last night. He was sledge-hammering them while I removed the pieces. Totally not fun.

And on my way to work I hit every red light, also got stuck behind the trash collectors, and some tractor trailer that couldn't make a turn. ugh.

Trac- so glad to hear that you're mom is cancer free! YAY!

QT - T&P for your dad
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Horray for Cancer free!!!!!!!
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Am I the only one who thinks Ciara needs to eat something... actually, a lot of something?  Her new video is good, she's just waaaay too skinny IMO.

Yay for B2B's momma!

T&P for your dad, QT.
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

This doesn't seem to be a good week for anyone! Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday! My week has been crap also but it is much better today. FI's parents are coming to town this weekend (they live in VA) and it is the first time we are seeing FI's dad since his stroke (6 weeks ago). He has recovered really well over the past couple of weeks and I'm so excited to see him :-)

Sending positive vibes to all of you who need them today!

B2B that is wonderful news about your mom!! YAY for beating cancer!!

Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good morning. Good vibes out to those who need it and congrats to those who get it!  Right?

I spent the first 1.5 hrs of my work morning chatting with my co-workers.  The conversation ranged from diamond rings to chemical castration.  It was an interesting way to have my coffee.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Sorry to hear everyone is having a bad day :(

I love Ellen also btw...I wish I could watch her show at work
    Speaking of work- first day back after 13 days of wedding/honeymoon amazingness. This blows :-P  Coming back makes me realize how much I hate my job and how the new job search process will start immediatley

I was glad to get my Dunks Iced Coffee back though :)  That helped soften the blow of being back at work just a bit.

B2B- yay! So happy for your mom! what good news!

Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!! :)   I am so excited! I kinda thought she would be ok after they took the lump out but you never know. So yes just 6 weeks radiation and shes ok.  They will monitor obv but she will be ok! WOOT!!!

Amer- Did you watch the starubucks ones? That stuff is hilarious!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    B2B - that's great news!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards