Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Officiant Invite???

hey- does anyone know what the proper etiquette is with regards to inviting your wedding officiant? Meaning- are you supposed to mail a formal invitation like you would a normal guest? We are not getting married in a Church, if that helps.
TIA!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Officiant Invite???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I did but only because my officiant was someone i had a close relationship with. She was honored to receive an actual invitation and wrote the sweetest response. I am sure the girls are going to give you different answers. I think it really depends on what your relationship is with your officiant. If it is someone you found on some random website, you may not want to waste an invitation as you know they will be on your wedding day, lol.
    Braxton & Lizzie 10.9.10 Photobucket
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not getting married in a church either, but I still sent my officiant a mailed invite. She was actually one of the bad RSVP-ers who totally missed my RSVP date.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! I don't have a close relationship or know him at all but my FI and him are friendly (not close though).
    I guess it can't hurt to send one- I just never thought of it and now I owe my addresses to the calligrapher so all these things are popping in my head!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We sent our priest an invite, he came and had the salmon.  He also cut a rug with several of my aunts and friends.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My officiant required it, actually, so that she could see the exact info that all the guests got. She did RSVP, but obviously didn't stay for dinner ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_officiant-invite?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:8d404dd9-f832-4a2b-abe8-ce36f023b38fPost:1ce417a0-d430-46e3-babf-3cffa0f65559">Re: Officiant Invite???</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not getting married in a church either, but I still sent my officiant a mailed invite. She was actually one of the bad RSVP-ers who totally missed my RSVP date.
    Posted by Bean32[/QUOTE]

<div>Haha mine too! Except, we met with her and she does have a good excuse - her and her husband (btw invite spouse too if they have one!) are gonna play it by ear b/c their granddaughter has cancer and isn't doing well so they want to spend as much time with her as they can :(</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you plan on serving your officant dinner, then yes, you should send them an invite.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards