Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Transportation - guests and bridal party

I'm trying to find reasonable and reliable transporation for my wedding in Philly next summer.  I am looking for either a mini bus or charter bus to transport my guests from hotel to reception and back.  Also, I want to get a limo (possibly stretch SUV?) for our bridal party, though it doesn't have to be from the same company.

Any recommendations??  Thanks in advance!

Re: Transportation - guests and bridal party

• edited December 2011
    Depending how many guests you have to transport a mini bus will be expensive and a charter bus will be outrageous. Go school bus. I have been working with Yellowbird.

For Limo, we are doing a limo bus. I am using Limo Today. We opted for a limo bus even though it is bigger than we need because it was similarly priced to a stretch SUV and now I won't have to climb in and out in my dress and whack my hairdo on the roof of a limo.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • NurseCassie88NurseCassie88 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i would contact the hotel your using. A lot of philly hotels offer a free shuttle to local venues per request without any additional charge. As for the limo contact tropicana and check our their website sometimes they offer coupons. hope this helps!!
  • ladyweck1017ladyweck1017 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking for the same type of thing for my fall 2012 wedding. The hotel we are staying at that night offers a free shuttle to our reception, but it only holds approx 20 people. Only 1 round trip is complimentary and after that, each trip is $115! So i am definitely going to look into a school bus company. Not as nice as a charter bus, but much cheaper!
  • jpwelshjpwelsh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most busses have a CD player.  A nice tip?  Make a CD mix for the driver to play while carting guests back and forth.  Inexpensive details like these really make a difference!

-The Event Nanny
    Day-of-Event Coordinator based in Philadelphia
    Serving PA/NJ/DE/NY

• Kris1331Kris1331 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone...never thought of a school bus (even though I'm a teacher!) so I will look into that for sure!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards