Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Claire Pruett!?

Anyone have thoughts on their photography and video ?

Re: Claire Pruett!?

• Options
    jlb734jlb734 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister used them a few years back for her wedding.  I thought the pictures and video turned out very nicely, and they were extremely pleasant to have around that day.  I believe it was their Blue Bell studio she used.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just like Bella and The Pros, you don't know who will actually be shooting your wedding. Pass.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_claire-pruett?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:90303393-1708-4c99-9a6d-087c41709932Post:8fbbbc10-a4af-4971-b477-854ea40c619c">Re: Claire Pruett!?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Just like Bella and The Pros, you don't know who will actually be shooting your wedding. Pass.
    Posted by angel33284[/QUOTE]

I agree.

Angel- Who shot your wedding and did your video?  I was always wondering.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Someone I know used them and they were happy with their pictures.

• Options
    TNMurrayTNMurray member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friends used them a year ago and she loved them. I was in the wedding and was there for all the pics and he was great. She selected her photographer and said he was extremely professional.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Clair Pruett. My sister, and a family friend has used them.

I'm using Gary Nevitt, who is the manager at the Blue Bell site. They have been pretty easy to work with and are reasonable. I had to put a retainer fee down in order to be gauranteed Gary for my wedding.
    ~* Diana *~ ~* October 9, 2010 *~

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Anniversary

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Frankly, I looked into them as they were a "preferred vendor" by my venue at the time and thought they were overpriced for what you got.  I also liked the work I saw from independent photographers much better...and keep in mind that an independent photographer will not expect a tip from you at the end of the night, whereas someone working for a company like Clair Pruett will want a tip.  So there's a savings right there.
  • Options
    Aisling84Aisling84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They are a little pricey but there are some real artsy-fartsy photogs out there and from personal experience, thats not what everyone's looking for. (Our engagement shoot was like that and the only good thing I can say is that the photog knew how to use Photo Shop.) Claire Pruett is pricey but they are very professional.

You can book a particular photographer is you like one style more than another, I don't know why people think it's a grab bag. If you don't have a preference, then they will just assign a photog to you.

The other benefit of at least checking them out, is that they have so many photographers, its not just one person doing all the work. So you get to see a couple of different techniques. 

Don't get too roped in with the packages though, that's where you start increasing your costs.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They are also having a special now that if you become a friend of theirs on facebook you get a $100 credit. I have that and a coupon from in the mail. Which is nice! I'll be able to have some extra prints.
    ~* Diana *~ ~* October 9, 2010 *~

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards