July 2012 Weddings
Options

Has FI seen the dress?

I know that some people are really superstitious or traditional and he doesn't see it until you are walking down the aisle, or "first look" but what has everyone else done. Apparently what I did is completely unheard of so I want some more opinions, plus I haven't done a poll in a while.
My FI has seen the dress and seen cell phone quality pics of me in the dress, but he's not going to see me in the dress until we so the first look. What about you ladies?
Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development

Re: Has FI seen the dress?

• Options
    No way for me! He is not seeing it at all until the first look. All he knows is how much it cost lol (and my parents bought it, so really he didn't even need to know that!)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    FI has given me a hard time about not seeing the dress since he paid so much for it lol. I won't let him see it at all. I want it to be a complete surprise. It's even being stored at my dad's house so he can't take a peek.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I offered to show it to him either on the hanger or in a stock photo but he said he didn't want to. I wasn't worried about showing him because I know he would never remember all of the details months from now. It is currently at my parents house, not to keep FI from peeking but to protect it from our cats.
  • Options
    Fi has not seen it yet.  And he opted to see it for the first time when I walk down the aisle so no first look for us either!
  • Options
    He's not setting his eyes on the dress at all until the wedding day! He has no idea at all about anything about the dress except that I'd love to wear it all the time and sleep in it! The dress is at my parents' because the wedding will be near their house (4 hours from us).
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    He has not seen the dress, and doesn't know what it looks like at all! He will see it when I walk down the aisle to him on our wedding day.
  • Options
    bblouinbblouin member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    My fiancé helped pick my dress out. However, he has a horrible memory and two days later I showed him a picture of my dress and another one he said mine was not there. If you ask him to describe it he has no clue so he will still be surprised
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I showed my fi a picture of my wearing it.
  • Options
    Nope he hasn't seen my dress and won't until I'm walking down the aisle. We aren't doing a first look or anything so that will be a special moment. I'm waiting very impatiently for it to come in so I can put it on again! :P
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Nope, he has no idea what it looks like and he won't see it until the first look.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    He could see it if he wanted to, but he doesn't even want to hear me talk about it :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    FI doesn't want to see any part of my wedding attire!!  He gets ticked if I start talking about the little details with him...haha...I brought my veil & hair pieces home yesterday from my fitting, & he was like put them away!! haha (they're hot pink bags!) 
  • Options
    no way!! my fiance is SO curious about my dress - he has asked me so many questions about it! but i am not budging :) I am sticking with tradition on this one, we aren't even having a first look! 
  • Options
    FI has not seen me in the dress nor has he any clue of what it looks like.  He hasn't even seen the second short dress I got as well.  We aren't doing a first look or anything so he won't see it until I walk down the aisle.

Anniversary
  • Options
    My FI helped me pick it out, but he won't see me in it until I'm walking down the aisle.  In fact, I've told him that once we get to the hotel on the day of, he can't see me at all until I am walking down the aisle about 8 hours later.  We aren't doing first look pics either.  When I first read about them on another board, I had to google to see what they were.  I did find a really cute alternative that I want to do where we stand on either side of a doorway right before so there's a picture of us together before, but it doesn't spoil the surprise later.  I have in pinned to my Pinterest idea board:

http://pinterest.com/casandria/wedding-ideas/
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Nope he has no idea what it looks like and will not see me in the dress until our first look.  I think some surprises are nice :)
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    My FI absolutely refuses to see anything attire related until I am walking down the aisle.  I think it's really sweet that he wants to be surprised.

My dress was actually in a bridal store window we walked past one night and I'm pretty sure he saw it but not good enough to have noticed it.  I covered his eyes when we walked past it later on haha.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    All he knows is that it's strapless. That's it! And he won't know anymore until i'm walking down the aisle.
  • Options
    I picked other.

I showed my FI pictures of 5 different dresses. I asked him what did he think of each dress. He told me his opinions of each one. He knew that I was going to buy one from that selection of 5 but he didn't know which one.

So in a way, yes he has seen a picture of my dress but he doesn't know which one ended up being "the one". Does that make sense? LOL!
    Wedding date July 7, 2012
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    No way! I want him to be surprised when i walk down the aisle. He thinks my dress is red because he tried to guess what it looks like and I just went along with it. I think some surprises, as much as I hate them, are worth doing. :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_has-fi-seen-the-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:80d62230-db3a-4188-aa6d-56c3ce5bbfedPost:89558b9c-05d8-46a4-ac3a-a4b69cb942a7">Re: Has FI seen the dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>He's not setting his eyes on the dress at all until the wedding day! He has no idea at all about anything about the dress except that I'd love to wear it all the time and sleep in it!</strong> The dress is at my parents' because the wedding will be near their house (4 hours from us).
    Posted by mekiakoo[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA SAME! I have told him multiple times that he will likely return home from work post-wedding and I will be wearing it around the house.

FTR: No, he has no idea about the dress and will not see me in it until I walk towards him down the aisle.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_has-fi-seen-the-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:80d62230-db3a-4188-aa6d-56c3ce5bbfedPost:73a8f1cc-8dfb-4117-be9e-0f9d5dc3615e">Re: Has FI seen the dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI helped me pick it out, but he won't see me in it until I'm walking down the aisle.  In fact, I've told him that once we get to the hotel on the day of, he can't see me at all until I am walking down the aisle about 8 hours later.  We aren't doing first look pics either.  When I first read about them on another board, I had to google to see what they were.  I did find a really cute alternative that I want to do where we stand on either side of a doorway right before so there's a picture of us together before, but it doesn't spoil the surprise later.  I have in pinned to my Pinterest idea board: <a href="http://pinterest.com/casandria/wedding-ideas/" rel="nofollow">http://pinterest.com/casandria/wedding-ideas/</a>
    Posted by xobride[/QUOTE]

I absolutely LOVE this idea! Just repinned it and I am going to show it to my photographer so that we can plan for it. Thanks for the suggestion! :-)
  • Options
    FI will not be seeing the dress until I walk down the aisle. it's one of the few things I'm being 100% stern on. The ONLY thing he knows about it - is that it's white and it doesn't have any color accents for him to match to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_has-fi-seen-the-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:80d62230-db3a-4188-aa6d-56c3ce5bbfedPost:73a8f1cc-8dfb-4117-be9e-0f9d5dc3615e">Re: Has FI seen the dress?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My FI helped me pick it out, but he won't see me in it until I'm walking down the aisle.  In fact, I've told him that once we get to the hotel on the day of, he can't see me at all until I am walking down the aisle about 8 hours later.  We aren't doing first look pics either.  When I first read about them on another board, I had to google to see what they were.  I did find a really cute alternative that I want to do where we stand on either side of a doorway right before so there's a picture of us together before, but it doesn't spoil the surprise later.  I have in pinned to my Pinterest idea board: <a href="http://pinterest.com/casandria/wedding-ideas/" rel="nofollow">http://pinterest.com/casandria/wedding-ideas/</a>
    Posted by xobride[/QUOTE]

He hasn't seen it and won't! We are also doing the "almost first look".....standing on opposite sides of door!!
  • Options

FI has seen me in the dress in pictures, but not in person.  I was having dress issues and really needed his input on whether they looked good enough to order.  He thought neither was quite me, so I kept looking. Then I found my dream dress (Paloma Blanca #3958) and had to decide whether it was worth the hassle of buying it used, so he's seen me in that dress too.  I'm buying it used because I cannot stomach paying $2800 for a dress I'll wear for 8 hours, even one love so much!

Follow me on pinterest (I do not know how to make that nice red button thing): http://pinterest.com/lizporter17/ Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards