Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Budget venues in Philly area suggestions??? / Anyone been to Mermaid Lake?

This is my 1st time posting on here....

Can anyone give me ideas for budget venues in the philly area? Also, someone referred me to Mermaid Lake, has anyone been there for a wedding? I don't mind it being different but want it to be nice.

Re: Budget venues in Philly area suggestions??? / Anyone been to Mermaid Lake?

• Options
    What is your budget?  How many guests?
    My Honeymoon Location: Curacao
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Lets say 100-115 guests and 8-10,000
  • Options
    I've never been to mermaid lake, but I know my venue could accommodate that. We are having our wedding a McCall Country Club in Upper Darby. We are having it on a Sunday but it's $75 per person all inclusive, and they have been a dream to work with :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure if you had it on an off peak time, Penn Oaks in West Chester would be in your budget
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I've been to Mermaid Lake. they have a renovated barn that they use for weddings and indoor events.  It's not a typical ballroom, but it's pretty nice. Center Square GC is not too far from there and they have some inexpensive deals and it's very nice inside and outside for a ceremony. 
  • Options
    edited March 2012
    Lia's Catering has a few locations in Delaware County that are very affordable.

http://www.liascatering.com/
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options

We are having our wedding at Mermaid Lake. It's definitely not your typical ballroom or country club but that's what we wanted. We are doing something fairly casual. I really loved the rustic feel of the barn. We are actually having our ceremony and reception outdoors and then our cocktail inside, weather permitting. I think it depends on what you want. It was perfect for us. Our wedding is in May - would be glad to send you pics afterwards.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thanks so much! I would love to see your pictures! I will message you my email address. The lady sent me out information yesterday so I should have it today or tomorrow. Would you mind if I occassionally email you with questions in regards to what you are doing to decorate and such?
  • Options
    I am going to send you private message with my email address as well. Donna over there is really nice - very busy and responds best to phone calls versus email. There aren't many pictures online.  I'll see if I can find one - but if you meet with her she has a photo album there. I know "the barn" area and "paddock room" were much nicer than some of the other pavillions there. "the barn" generally has a minimum number of people requirement (I thought it was pretty high: 300-400 -- unless you have it on a holiday weekend) -- which is why we are having it on memorial day weekend. We spent the extra money on the paddock room as well so we have a back up (I think it was $150 to reserve both).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Check out the Freedoms Foundation at Valley Forge.  Ludwig's Gourmet is the caterer.  My wedding is in September, and they've been great to work with so far.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards