Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Reception

I need some advice.
 My fiance just got laid off, We are trying to cut corners and expenses.... I'm up in the air about having a 4 or 5 hour reception. Should we cut down on the reception or another area of the wedding?

Any suggestions would be helpful

Re: Reception

• edited December 2011
    Did you think about having your reception on a Friday or Sunday or in the off season?  A lot of vendors discount their services on those days/time of year.
  • edited December 2011
    We went through this as well, only we both lost our jobs.  We live in London, my job allowed my visa to expire, I had to return to the US to aply for a new one, we spent a ton of money on visas and airfare.  It was a mess!

We pushed our date back a year.  I was really sad about it at first, but I know we couldn't have afforded a wedding I would have been happy with if we kept our original date.  
  • colleenm18colleenm18 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We wanted to save wherever we could and found that getting married on  friday saved SO much money it was crazy!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm sorry, Shelly. 

I agree with PP about using an off-date.  Also an off-time of year would help as well.  If you got married November-March, some venues charge less because it isn't a peak time. 

Cutting an hour out of the reception would help as well.  But the biggest help is going to be cutting down on your guest list. It's a tough decision, but that's what will cut costs the most.   
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • mrsdipietromrsdipietro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had planned my wedding for February and it literally cut the venue price in half. Also, we opted for a day reception with a morning wedding (11am ceremony, 12pm reception) rather than a dinner party.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards