Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Wedding flower help!

Hi knotties, we're getting married in early October and our budget is just getting tighter and tighter. At this point, I'm looking at cutting flowers entirely if I can't find them for free.

To that end, I'm looking for pale pink or champagne colored flowers, specifically dahlias if possible (they should be in bloom at that time). Do any of you know of anyone who grows flowers like that and might be willing to spare a few? Thanks so much for your help.

Re: Wedding flower help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i am having the same issue with flowers. we are doing complete DIY flowers. in other words, looks like we're heading to our local produce junction and filling up the morning up the wedding. We've got 8 tables and my bouquet. All the flowers are dirt cheap. Check out your local Produce Junction. As far as completely free -- cant think of any place. Maybe place an advertisement for free on craigslist.?
  • Options
    HarpspielHarpspiel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice, I'll look into it. As for craigslist - already done. We'll see what kind of responses I get. :D
  • Options
    HarpspielHarpspiel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the advice, I'll look into it. As for craigslist - already done. We'll see what kind of responses I get. :D
  • Options
    nancyrnancyr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try this blog, lots of ideas there for easy flowers.  http://heartsandflowersaweddingblog.blogspot.com
    I like the ones with the cherry blossoms in milk glass.  Also there's a woman who does videos online, I think she's on that web site, and she shows you how to make flowers arrangements. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards