Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Day Of Timeline

Hi all,

I'm getting some pushback from folks regarding my day of timeline, so I thought I'd ask you all what you think.....  Right now we have the girls at the salon from 10-2, then back to my parents house to get ready for the limo at 3:15.

We are all arriving at the venue at 4:00pm.  And by all, I mean the girls, my parents, the boys, FI's parents, our DOCs and our photographers.  Our photog said that he does detail/getting ready shots, then family and bridal party, then bride/groom, and then we'll do some extended family (grandparents, etc) closer to the ceremony.

Our guests will start arriving around 7:00pm and we are HOPING to start the ketubah signing around 7:30 with a 7:45 ceremony start time.

Is this TOO much time? Should I ask our photographer to come at 4:30?  I'd rather have too much time for pictures, then be scrambling.  But I've heard some grumblings about people not having anything to do and sitting around for hours on end.  I told people they could bring a change of clothes so they can relax in casual attire when they aren't needed.

Anyway, this is just one of the many things Iwas thinking about at 2am.  Thoughts???

Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Day Of Timeline

• Options
    edited December 2011

You really want to have your time padded for the day! Give yourself as much extra time as you can. People will find something to do!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Tell them they are lucky they are not in my wedding. Ceremony is at 1 cocktail don't start until 6.
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Like JIY said, better a little too much time than not enough time.  You never know what could happen, who might be late, etc.

BTW, very excited for you that your wedding day is almost here!  GL with everything!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That is a long time, but I think you should allow extra time in your schedule.  Can you stagger the times that people arrive?  Like have the BP arrive at 4, but extended fam doesn't have to be there until 5:30?

If they're going to be waiting around, also plan to have some snacks/drinks (cheese and crackers, fruit, water, champagne, etc) available.  People get antsy just sitting around.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cara- Did your DOC make this timeline? Sounds ok to me though. People will find something to do, so don't worry about that :) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  The extended family isn't arriving until about 6:30 for pictures.  So they aren't really a problem.  We will have snacks in the bridal and grooms suite.  And I even told my brother-in-law he could come later with the extended family becuase he's not in the bridal party and he can get really pissy.  I would also rather have more time for pictures than be scrambling, and I want to make sure I'm tucked away by the time guests start arriving (since its all in the same place).

Just wanted to make sure I wasn't being bridezilla by demanding people sit around for a while.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you're fine.. You should allow a couple of hours for photos if you want a variety of pictures, or different locations.  Also it would allow for any snafu's.  Chances are you won't get there exactly at 4, or will be waiting on someone etc, and then want to be ready before the guests arrive at 7.. so that's really only 2.5 hours if you look at it that way, that's totally acceptable.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards