July 2012 Weddings

Let's talk baby names

2»

Re: Let's talk baby names

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-talk-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:8348497c-4799-4cbe-b69b-5b82a4ce5772Post:3162f2a6-5fe3-46fd-96bc-ebfc7a35dd3d">Re: Let's talk baby names</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's talk baby names : <strong>Haha, my FI's first name is Jay</strong>, yes just Jay.  He constantly gets asked if it's Jason or James.  I know the feeling.
    Posted by penny12986[/QUOTE]

I Have a Jay too!! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-talk-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:8348497c-4799-4cbe-b69b-5b82a4ce5772Post:0b225c9b-97c5-4c01-aa7a-3af486adb20c">Re: Let's talk baby names</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's talk baby names : I Have a Jay too!! :)
    Posted by bells24412[/QUOTE]

Hahaha! Well, being from NE, you can appreciate the accent. When he Is on the other side of the house or I call him, he laughs because it always comes out, 'Jay-ya' It's a running joke and now he signs birthday cards and stuff as 'Jay-ya' lol
  • hahaha, yes! Rhode Island and Boston accents are probably the worst accents in the world (well not in the world) lol but i totally understand what you are saying!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • FI and I don't really agree on names.

The only boy's name we both agree on is Rafael - which is FI's middle name.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I don't know if this is the norm elsewhere, but Utahns like to mock up the spelling big time. 

http://hjnews.com/ads/BABES_2011.pdf

Paizlee
    Paislee
    Brynlyn
    Nixon (four of them!)
    Hayze
    Deegan
    Jaxon
    Jaxson
    Riot
    Berlyn
    Cash
    Journee
    Ryvre (like Favre?)

Some of my other memorables are:

Johnavon
    Chessica
    BrandE
    Sandle
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-talk-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:8348497c-4799-4cbe-b69b-5b82a4ce5772Post:6fd65594-b8fa-4a81-94ef-60439eb3bb86">Re: Let's talk baby names</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's talk baby names : if FI had his way every single one of our children would be named after LOST characters.  (Desmond, Charlotte, Benjamin Linus hahaha)
    Posted by k8888[/QUOTE]

Penelope! I want a Penelope after Penelope from lost SO BAD but FI hates it.

I really like Jack and Sawyer for boys names too.

And it's funny, when I hear Charlotte I always think of sex and the city first, not lost.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-talk-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:8348497c-4799-4cbe-b69b-5b82a4ce5772Post:7cb7bce9-383c-4ffb-9bf7-bbb7b99827aa">Re: Let's talk baby names</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's talk baby names : Penelope! I want a Penelope after Penelope from lost SO BAD but FI hates it. I really like Jack and Sawyer for boys names too. And it's funny, when I hear Charlotte I always think of sex and the city first, not lost.
    Posted by MeaganR12[/QUOTE]

I like the name Sawyer as well - and Penelope is cute - but it reminds me of a pig for some reason.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have always wanted to name a girl Kennedi Jacqulyne.  FI doesn't like it so we have a few names that we like together. 
    Girls:
    Emily K. (Emily after my late grandmother. and K. after her middle name. She didn't grow up with a middle name so when she married my grandpa she took her maiden name's first inital as her middle name. Plus my mom's name is Kay.)
    The others we have no reason for them we just like them.

Savannah Charlotte

Daniella Avery

Boys:
    Paul Ray Eugene (Both of my grandfathers were named Paul and this combines their middle names.)

James Paul Douglas
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • FI wants Alice after his grandma, and I'd like Carolyn after my grandma. (I also like Caroline). So perhaps Alice Carolyn. Or if we have twins one of each. :-) I'm also a fan of Harper, but since Posh named her new daughter that I'm not so sure.

Other girls names I like:
    -Ruth
    -Mae
    -Audrey
    -Evelyn
    -Sally
    -Hayden

For boys:
    -Smith
    -Colin
    -Henry
    -Owen
    -Ellis
    -Dexter
    -Patrick
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-talk-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:8348497c-4799-4cbe-b69b-5b82a4ce5772Post:be8af9f5-d3f3-4916-b31f-afdeb51dd303">Re: Let's talk baby names</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Let's talk baby names : I like the name Sawyer as well - <strong>and Penelope is cute - but it reminds me of a pig for some reason</strong>.
    Posted by BrightFirefly[/QUOTE]

I immediately think of Penelope as in Penelope Garcia from Criminal Minds, she's hilarious and quirky!
     and Meagan I think of Sex and the City too when I hear Charlotte (she was my fav.)
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • I love names :) I creep the Baby Names board on TB just because I like to hear different names. FI and I aren't even in a huge rush to have a baby but I just love thinking about it.

Top 5 Boys (no particular order):
    Anthony, Isaac, James, Liam, Gavin

Top 5 Girls (no particular order):
    Susanna, Norah, Charlotte, Gabrielle, Mila

I have so many others I love but those are my favourites.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i've only really thought of girl names lol.....so far im set on Isabella
  • I have two boys and their names is Zachary and Brycen. Had they been girls..zachs name would have Kennedy and Brycen's name would have been either Katie or Bralyn..I'm loving some of names you guys are coming up with ! I have a neice named McKenzie and I love her name..of course we call her Mac for short ! Good luck with the names !! :)
    imageimage May2013 October Siggy:Honeymoon:Putna Cana http://1badwedding.weebly.com/
  • I love names!  But FI and I hardly agree on anything

the only name we currently agree on is a boys name- Myer Edwin (after FI late brother)

Other boy names I like in no order:(William would be the middle name after both our dads middle name)
    Michael, Davis, Conner

Girl Names (FI has vetoed just about all of these) Jean or Marie will be the middle name
    Noelle (i havnt told FI this because it is my favorite and i dont want him to turn it down)
    Lillian - Lilly for short
    Mia
    Katherine (Katie)
    Lucy
    Clara
    Leah

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-talk-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:8348497c-4799-4cbe-b69b-5b82a4ce5772Post:58efe315-9577-4691-ad62-1070f056e9f2">Re: Let's talk baby names</a>:
    [QUOTE]I love names!  But FI and I hardly agree on anything the only name we currently agree on is a boys name- Myer Edwin (after FI late brother) Other boy names I like in no order:(William would be the middle name after both our dads middle name) Michael, Davis, Conner Girl Names (FI has vetoed just about all of these) Jean or Marie will be the middle name Noelle <strong>(i havnt told FI this because it is my favorite and i dont want him to turn it down) </strong>Lillian - Lilly for short Mia Katherine (Katie) Lucy Clara Leah
    Posted by colleenm18[/QUOTE]

That's how I feel about Charlotte! I'm afraid he's going to say "NO WAY!" And I'll be sad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We have our names set in stone (and have had them set since we first stared dating LOL)

Girl: Lyla Joann, Eden Jewell

Boy: Troy Michael, Wyatt Jackson
    TTC December 2012 BFP: 2.07.13 EDD: 10.23.13 photo WHOOPWHOOP2-1.jpg BabyFruit Ticker Our Adventure To 3
  • I  love the AJ as a nickname for a girl bc thats my name (well what I go by...its my initials)!  We have 2 little girls already... Emma Rose (Rose is my mom & sisters middle name) and Ella Grace ( I just like how it went with Emma).  We were just talking names the other day and I really like the theme we have going of the vowel double letter vowel so...for another girl I like Etta and Alli.  I also LOVE the name Audrey but FI is not on board with it but we will see.  For boys I like the name Evan.  I havent really thought a lot about boy names bc I am so used to being a girl mom.  We plan to have 1 or 2 more kids!  No getting pregnant until after the wedding though.  Waiting is killing me!  I have baby fever like crazy and spend a huge chunk of my time around pregnant moms and new babies!
    :)AJ Pregnancy Ticker
  • I've always loved Anna as a girl's name (Dutch pronounciaton sounds better though). I've wanted to name my kid Anna since I was ten. Unfortunately, it is getting really popular around here. On the bright side, FI loves it.

Not sure about boy's names though. FI likes Peter, after a friend who died in a car accident, but I'm don't care much for the name.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Oooh I want to play!

My top choice for a girl is Riley Jane Nalani (since I'm Hawaiian, all girls in our family get a Hawaiian name...FI is not so keen on Jane, but I think it's super girly!) I also love Harper and Charlotte, and Reagan. If we had twin girls, they would definitely be Riley and Reagan. 

For boys, we can't decide....I love Sawyer too, I also like Neil and Morgan and  Reid. So if we had twins, a boy and a girl, we'd probably do Riley and Reid. The boys middle name will definitely be Travis, after FI's cousin who passed away when they were teens. 

We only want two kids though, so only choosing two names will be tough!! 
  • For our first girl her name will be Hermance (It is my Memere's name and she raised me, people hate it but I think it is beautiful.  I mean my name is Brandice so I like unusual names)
    For daughters we also like Lucille and Vivienne

For sons the first one will be named Matthew Joseph the third (HE can get that if I can get Hermance) I like Julien and William
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_lets-talk-baby-names?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:8348497c-4799-4cbe-b69b-5b82a4ce5772Post:a465aa1c-d78f-434d-8e7c-4e2fa17e3eb0">Re: Let's talk baby names</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have our names set in stone (and have had them set since we first stared dating LOL) Girl: Lyla Joann, Eden Jewell Boy: Troy Michael, Wyatt Jackson
    Posted by Skyjewell23[/QUOTE]

My cousin's name is Troy Michael
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards