July 2012 Weddings
Options

Gift Giving Timing?

When did you all give out your wedding party gifts? I have read that it is common to do it at the RD, but I'm not sure if that is what I should do. Our WP is half kids (our kids) so we have a Best Man and both of our sons as groomsmen, then two of my best friends and FI's daughter as bridesmaids. Well FI refused to get the boys any gifts because we are naturally paying for them to be in the wedding. Ok, whatever. I finally convinced him to bet the BM a gift so he did. I got each of my girls (including FI's daughter) a nice monogrammed bag and put a few other gifts including day of jewelry in them. I also got FI two gifts, one is engraved cufflinks and the other is a little black book from my boudoir session. Should I hand them out at the RD and just have FI open his black book later in private? Or should I give them to the girls the day of the wedding when we are getting ready?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Gift Giving Timing?

• Options
    I did it during the half hour we had between the rehearsal and the rehearsal dinner. I wanted to do it before the rehearsal, but things got crazy and there wasn't time.

I think you can do it the night before or the day of the wedding, just depending on when you have some time alone with your BMs. I would want to give them their gifts in private.

For my husband's gift, I actually just had my photographer deliver it to him after she moved from doing getting ready photos with me to photos with him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I did it after the rehearsal dinner. We had a suite and we were all hanging out eating cake. But H and I gave each other our gifts the morning of the wedding. We had other people deliver them. And then I ran out of time and ended up not opening mine until we got back to our room that night.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Gave them at the rehearsal dinner but not as a group.  Everyone was spread out so I took them to each of them individually.  It worked well.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    I did all my girls before the actual rehearsal. I gave FSMIL and the flower girls theirs at the rehearsal dinner. H gave his after the dinner but didn't pass them all out considering he still has our officiant (friend), my dad and his dads to give out. My suggestion would be to give them all out right before or right after the dinner. Ask everyone to congregate so that no one gets forgot.
  • Options
    We did it at the rehearsal dinner. We gave gifts to our wp, our parents, my sister for helping plan, his sister for throwing a shower, and my other sister and her husband because they traveled to be there and he was one of our clergy at the wedding. I'll admit it was slightly awkward, bc there were a few family members there that his mom invited, but they didn't get a gift. I think if I were you, I'd give FI his gifts on private. Let him pull aside BM to give his gift. And yes, you could give the girls theirs if youre all getting ready together.
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I will plan on trying to give them out privately so that it's not akward. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards