Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Venue Vent

We have a ton of OOT guests (like 80% of the wedding) and a large portion of them are flying or taking the train to Philadelphia. One of the big selling points of our venue (which is at the hotel where guests will be staying) was that they provided a free shuttle to both the airport and the train station. Well, one of my guests called to book her room yesterday and asked about the shuttle. The response was "we only do that if we have enough staff that day". WTF?! This is something we were promised and is in the literature about the venue.

It doesn't sound like a huge deal, but it would suck if all our guests had to rent a car or pay for a taxi out to Radnor, PA.

I loved my venue when I started, but they are really making me PO-ed lately!
BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Venue Vent

• Options
    edited December 2011

You should tell them that they better plan ahead to have enough staff because a wedding is going on!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Chances are that whomever you blocked rooms with is not the same person that your guest spoke to.  I would just follow up with your coordinator/sales person to confirm that the shuttle is available, and if need be request something in writing promising this service.
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_venue-vent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:a39b5ccc-95e6-40fb-b94b-dd32684707faPost:d0ab262f-2f67-470b-a10e-8680f3bf2d2a">Re: Venue Vent</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chances are that whomever you blocked rooms with is not the same person that your guest spoke to.  I would just follow up with your coordinator/sales person to confirm that the shuttle is available, and if need be request something in writing promising this service.
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

This is exactly what I did right before I wrote my little vent. I know it's probably easily resolved, I'm just annoyed that it even came up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, sometimes you have to chalk it up to stupid customer service people :)  I hope they can resolve it today.
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks MH.

It's crazy how venting here actually makes me feel better :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards