Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

DJs from the Pros?

Hello ladies,

we're considering the DJ service from the Pros. Does anyone have any good or bad experience with them?

Thank you!
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: DJs from the Pros?

• Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't had any personal experience with them, but the response to them from girls on this board in the past has always been RUN AWAY.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Silver Sound
    No Macarena
    Synergetic Sounds
    Schaffer Sound

Those all get recommended on here a bunch and might be worth you checking out!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

NO PROS.

Personal experience. I used them for my first wedding. Do not use them. Don't even give them your name. The DJ's that they use at their bridal shows/etc are the best ones they've got, and they're often booked way out. Don't use them for a photog, videog, or dj. Please. I beg of you. Tom Barrett is a good DJ from what I've heard, and the DJ we're using is pretty good too from what I've read. (Bill Bowen) John Scibello is a great DJ, and about the same pricing as the pros.  

Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto^^^^  Run.  Run far.  Run fast.

Check out the link on the bottom of my sig, the Philly Blog.  It has lists of DJs that knotties have used. 

I'm using Jenny Z Mobile DJ Service, and she's great.  But word is out that she's great, and she's been getting booked FAST.  She already has a lot of 2012 and some 2013 booked. 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, I have not used them but they have my number and email (maybe from a bridal show?) and call me all the time. I have repeatedly told them that I have no interest and already booked somewhere else and they call once a week...still!
    I even told them that I read horrible reviews online in all different forums and places and that was the reason that I wasn't interested and could they please remove my name from their contact list. that didn't work either....
    so I have no reviews to give other than when I hear their name, I cringe from all the voicemails and awkward conversations that I have had!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved Joe Moser from DJs available, and they were not that expensive either. Good luck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend is using the Pros this summer.  I hope for her sake, they aren't as bad as I keep hearing!  :/
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My DJ is George Gibson of Twilight Entertainment.  He DJed my sister's wedding and he was fantastic.  Here is their site:  www.twient.com
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do not use a wedding mill...PLEASE...

I would reccomend checking out

EBE for DJ's.
    I love my experience with EBE!!
    Id be more than happy to PM you the info of the guy I am working with

AND

Check out

Ace DJ's
    http://acedjphilly.com/weddings.php

I can also PM message the info of the guy there
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
     Thank you all so much! They offered a cheap price for their DJ package – compared to others we’ve seen…  so we almost signed up with them before I read all your comments here… my fiance and I are definitely checking out other DJs now – after hearing all these bad comments about them…

Thanks again!! I love this forum! :)
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay!!!

Sent you a PM
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want them to stop calling you, do what I did and say the wedding is off... You won't get a call ever again.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    oodsie- I love it! I will try that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards