Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Bridal Shops

Where did everyone get their wedding gown, I going to start to look the end of this month and Im just looking for some Recs from you ladies...

Re: Bridal Shops

• Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Coronet's Bridal in Feasterville was awesome for trying on dresses! They don't work on commission so they aren't pushy at all and the consultant I worked with was awesome - she's the one who picked my dress actually.I didn't end up buying it there (got it pre-owned on eBay for 65% off), but their prices were decent. And you can take as many pictures as you want, which was awesome!

I also tried on dresses at Irma's Bridal in Cherry Hill, and their store was very nice, and their prices were good as well. They were nice and everything, but you couldn't take pictures there. 

And I also went to the David's Bridal in Plymouth Meeting, and they were very nice there too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to David's Bridal in Plymouth Meeting (nice sales consultant), Alfred Angelo in Cherry Hill (didnt like it, the sales adies there were a bit snotty) and Demetrio's Bridal at Macy's in Cherry Hill (I liked the dresses there a lot, sales lady was nice and patient, even though the store was small and not very-inviting-looking when I first came in)
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to Frank Bernard's, Brides and Grooms, Bridal & Tuxedo Shoppe and Alfred Angelo. The first 3 are in Delaware and AA is in Cherry Hill.

I wound up getting my dress at Alfred Angelo and it was a huge mistake! They were a nightmare! I would never recommend them!

I wasn't crazy about Bridal & Tuxedo Shoppe but they had a good selection.

We ordered bridesmaid's dresses from Frank Bernard's and will be ordering flower girl from there as well. Great experience so far.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Bijou Bridal in Ardmore. Super reasonably priced and very, very nice. I went to three shops and I had the best experience there, as well as finding a beautiful and affordable gown!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, don't forget to check out Priscilla of Boston in Ardmore. They are closing at the end of the year so all of their samples are 50-75% off. I was in there a week or so ago and they still had a TON of stuff!
  • Options
    kirab2kirab2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to Coronet Bridal in Feasterville.  I was not rushed in any way, I could try on as many dresses as I wanted. The girl was very patient with me. I will be buying my dress from them.  But like a pp said, it is definitely not a glamorous shop.  I think I was expecting more of a say yes to the dress type experience, which didn't happen, but I was still completely satisfied with the salon.
    January Siggy ****weight loss**** image Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone, Ill have to check out these places ! ! : )
  • Options
    fsbyruchfsbyruch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Baranette's Bridal in Willow Grove. Kim was great. I 86-ed everything she showed me on the hanger then convinced me into a gown I didnt think I would ever want. It fit me like a glove and it was the first one. I tried on more but I went back to the first one. She knew me as soon as I stepped in the door! Highly recommended
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to the Wedding Shoppe in Wayne, PA. http://www.wedding-shoppe.com/default.aspx

It's a cute little store and I found the dress of my dreams! I also went to Bijou Bridal and Priscilla of Boston afterwards but I still loved my dress from The Wedding Shoppe so I went back and bought it that day! The service is impeccable and, since it's a tiny shop, you get really personalized attention.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wound up getting mine at La Bella Moda. They did a great job with the alterations too.
    I also went to Ariel's in Ambler- I did not like it there. The owner was nice but the associate that was helping me was awful and pushy. I didn't like anything she was showing me and when I told her that and what I was looking for- she kept bringing me out more of the same stuff that I didn't like. It was a waste of time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pricilla Costa look her up.  She is amazing
    Her site is still under construction http://www.wix.com/priscillacosta/priscilla
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards