Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

When did you send Thank Yous?

How far after your wedding did you send out your thank you card? Did anyone skip sending the thank you?

I was just thinking about the weddings I've been to and only one bride out of four sent one at all. The most recent wedding was in November but it seems like if she was going to she would have sent them by now. I also went to a baby shower around this time last year and she didn't send them out either. Not that I go to events just to get a thank you card, it just seems weird to me that people aren't doing it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: When did you send Thank Yous?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Only one wedding I have ever been to did not send out thank you notes. She did not send them for her baby shower either. I think it is a nice gesture and I will be sending them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I couldn't imagine NOT sending them.  We got married October 2nd and I had the thank you's out in the mail the week before Thanksgiving.  I set a goal to have them done before the holidays hit.  I knew if I let Thanksgiving pass, I'd have a real hard time getting them done any time soon after that.

My friend got married 3 weeks after us...we still haven't received a thank you card from them.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Some people are so rude.  I think some people think they have a year to send you a thank you note. I don't think that at all though.

I sent my shower thank you  notes like a week after the shower.  For the wedding I will order cards with our picture as soon as I some pics from the photog. I don't want to wait too long, I might forget!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad other people agree that it's rude! I was starting to think I'm old-fashioned and uptight. FI and I were both raised to always send a thank you after receiving a gift or hosting a party. 

Speaking of thank yous, Do you think it's acceptable to do one thank you for shower and wedding? I don't know when my shower will be but there is a possibility that they will only be a week or two apart.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Send separate shower and wedding TYs.

I used a wedding pic for our TYs so I had to wait on the photog a bit.  Even with waiting, I think they were all out within 2-3 months after the wedding.
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hate when people don't send thank yous for weddings and showers. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    I think separate thank yous for showers and weddings.

I sent all of my shower thank yous within about 1.5 weeks of the shower.  The wedding will be longer, because we will be on our honeymoon, and we plan to do photo thank yous.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely do a seperate thank you for the shower and the wedding.  My showers TYs were send out with with in the week (damn proud of myself because I had two showers!)

However, my wedding showers took a little longer.  They didn't get out till January (I got married in July).  Part of the problem was I was hoping to get my digital negatives back so I could print pictures to send with them.  For the record, I still don't have my digital negatives.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married in early november and my goal was to have them out by the new year.  We got them out a couple weeks into January.  Our honeymoon was 11 days and then we came home to Thanksgiving and before we knew it, it was Christmas so it was a hectic time of year.  We also made cards with pro pics on them so it took me some time to design it and choose the pics we wanted.

Sadly, we're still sending some out b/c MIL had a couple gifts from her friends who didn't attend the wedding that were mailed to her house.  It's embarrassing b/c I think at least one of them was delivered the week of the wedding.  They called her b/c they noticed their check hadn't been deposited.  We just got the check last week, MIL mailed it to us and DH is writing the thank you note tonight.  I think she explained what happened to the giver.  I hope anyway.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My shower TY's went out a month after. It was around the time I had to do my wedding invites so that kinda put a hold on things.

Last Friday was 3 months. We did a picture on the front so that delayed me a bit.  I am almost done my side of the wedding TY's. I have a feeling I will be writing out the TY's for DH side too since he told me he's not doing them and I can't not send out TY's to more than half of our guest!

• Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    DH did his side and I did mine.  Nicole, that's a lot of thank you notes for one person to write themself! 
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I will def send out TY for both. I can understand reasons why they would take longer than expected, but to just not do it seems wrong.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I just received a TY note on Monday for a wedding that was the first week in December.  I had actually forgotten that I hadn't received one!
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well I personally HATE thank you cards. I just do not see the point in a card, saying pretty much the SAME thing to everyone for a wedding gift. I said thank you when I got the gift.. but I would NEVER not send them out. I got married on November 6th and I am FINALLY finishing them up... So it will be almost 5 months by the time they are out... I just hate them....

BUT in my defense...We put a photo on the front so I had to get the cd then design then order them...  Also when we got married, then had 10 days in Hawaii, we came home to Thanksgiving, Christmas, NYE/NY, then we were packing to move in Feb.. the last 4 months have been a blur....

For my shower they were out in a week after.. its the wedding ones that are a pain in the butt
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    >>Nicole, that's a lot of thank you notes for one person to write themself!  <<

why do you think it is taking so long! my poor hand cramps just thinking about it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thank you's can be sent out up to 6 months after the wedding.  But they definitely should be sent!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards