July 2012 Weddings
Options

I already have no motivation at work!!

I am so glad that I took off the week before the wedding b/c I am already in the I don't want to work mode. 
Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: I already have no motivation at work!!

• Options
    preach it, girl. the funness of TK is TOO tempting.
  • Options
    This is me everrrrrrrrrrrryday lately. I can't think of anything WR that I could be doing at work though! Other than TKing of course.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Seriously, I am so totally in the same boat. The problem is that I have forty billion things to do and my senior attorney keeps asking or stuff and honestly it's not that I'm not working, it's just that I don't have the motivation to stay late and do it anymore! No more 3am nights for me. What are they going to do, fire me? :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am soooo with you all too. I have no motivation to do anything at work.... only 61 more days to go. Doing the bare minimum to get me through until after the wedding, hopefuly I will regain some motivation at the beginning of August after the honeymoon is over.... but I am not sure that is gonna happen either....

image 183 Invited image 101 Are ready to party!! image 82 Are missing out image 0 Are Driving me Crazy!! The new Mrs. McIver!! :)
  • Options
    edited May 2012

I am soooo in the same boat as well, I think my brain is already in vacation mode and there is 2 months left till vacation! I am sooo sleepy too which doesn't help the situation...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    bridetobe & butterfly jumper, do you have any funny attorney stories? My friend works for the Cook County Prosectors office (Cook is a huge county Chicago is in) and I absolutely love her stories!!! My favorite is when she tells a story of one guy that talks so ghetto and says when the cops come, he gets little. Which basically means that he is running away from the police.

And, yeah, I have zero, zilch, zip, nada to do. The kids are already out of finals for the day. I could actually maybe go through a huge stack of junk mail which has been piling up, but that's what tomorrow, and wednesday is for.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_i-already-have-no-motivation-at-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:872b8b8a-2880-4ee9-a6d6-12083042a4eePost:772604d2-e233-49e6-a6cf-552c8d2d1086">Re: I already have no motivation at work!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am soooo in the same boat as well, I think my brain is already in vacation mode and there is 2 months left till vacation! I am sooo sleepy too which doesn't help the situation...
    Posted by bells24412[/QUOTE]

Me too!!!  I just made some hot chocolate!!  It is so rainy here today. 
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    bahahaha mbody, Prosecutors' stories are the best!

I worked in the Manhattan DA's office for a summer and then for a fellowship and unfortunatley I was in Early Case Assessment so most of the stuff I heard was really sad (like talking to victims' families). Nothing fun like Law & Order style.

Now I work in a very large law firm so the only "funny" stuff I see is during document review. Oftentimes, during discovery, we have to go through these hard drives from people involved with the litigation. The hard drives have everyone's work email so I get to read everyone's incoming and outgoing mail. The funniest thing about this is that most people don't KNOW they are going to wind up involved in litigation so they aren't as careful as they should be with work emails. I've seen quite a few nude photos being passed around (of the employee at issue) sending to his/her boyfriend with provocative messages. I've also seen stuff like "meet me in the break room, I want your bod" type things.

Lesson learned: Don't use your work email for anything not work-related!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Same here, I thought when I came back to work today I would be ready to go, but I've totally lost my motivation and can only keep looking at the bridal shower pics again, stalk registries and think about the wedding coming up!!! I really do hope I snap out of this though or I will surely lose my job!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_i-already-have-no-motivation-at-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:872b8b8a-2880-4ee9-a6d6-12083042a4eePost:1c8ce5f7-4133-4bda-b96b-e27efc4d94e2">Re: I already have no motivation at work!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I already have no motivation at work!! : Me too!!!  I just made some hot chocolate!!  It is so rainy here today. 
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

mmmm hot chocolate sounds good, I may make myself a cup as well it is raining here too, ugh. bed please. zumba is going to be hard tonight lol.
  • Options
    OMG, I'm SURE talking to victims' families must be so hard & sad. Especially, b/c you're there on business and have to get facts not console. My friend was moved into family cases, so basically she stalks dads for child support. But, at one point she was looking through murder photos, which she said were super disturbing. I don't know if I'd be able to handle that! Yikes!

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_i-already-have-no-motivation-at-work?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:872b8b8a-2880-4ee9-a6d6-12083042a4eePost:bfe7fbf9-5ff8-4070-b354-13394ce45152">Re: I already have no motivation at work!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG, I'm SURE talking to victims' families must be so hard & sad. Especially, b/c you're there on business and have to get facts not console. My friend was moved into family cases, so basically she stalks dads for child support. But, at one point she was looking through murder photos, which she said were super disturbing. I don't know if I'd be able to handle that! Yikes!
    Posted by mbody[/QUOTE]

It is a little disturbing....when I was in school I interned for our state's Atty General Office and I was place in Victim Services on a high profile case, (this dude ended up shooting a police officer) we had to look at all the photos, crime scene, etc...it is sad.
  • Options
    Same here. I feel guilty though. School will be out next week Thursday and I feel like I'm not focused anymore. My students are having their final presentations this week so there's not a lot for me to do except grade them. I feel like a bum at work now.
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am sitting in my hotel room in Frankfurt and I am soooo bored!!

I went to a cocktail party earlier tonight but it was a little boring as well so we left early.  I HATE traveling alone for work it makes the nights pretty lonely so it sucks.
  • Options
    omg, I completely agree!  A few weeks ago I actually contemplated (for only a second) taking the invite pieces to school and stuffing envelopes during recess.  Now there's not too much to do except get through the last few weeks of the school year.  My students are ready for summer too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards