Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Hotels In Philly for Bachelor Party

Hi everyone I am hopping over from the NJ board.  FI is planning a bachelor party this summer in Philly.  Do you have any hotel recommendations that are not super expensive but are within walking distance to everything?

Thanks!
Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Hotels In Philly for Bachelor Party

• SteveandKrisSteveandKris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    define "everything"  I'm assuming you want to stay downtown.  (which means you lose the wonder of Main Street in Manayunk)

There is a Holiday Inn at 4th and Arch (ish)
  • edited December 2011
    What do you mean by everything? The city is pretty big and I don't think anything is central to everything.  Is there any place/neighborhood in particular they want to go?

For example, for a bach party once we stayed across from the convention center but we took cabs to old city. At 2 am none of the cabs want to drive you 15 the blocks back to the hotel and it is a long walk after a night of drinking. We also went to dinner in Rittenhouse and walked. So, I guess convention center is pretty central location but some places would certainly be a hike.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_hotels-philly-bachelor-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:b79aef3b-31e0-4694-b373-6ee795c3a1f3Post:9f699596-e742-4f81-9d0d-40fe2745a33e">Re: Hotels In Philly for Bachelor Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]define "everything"  I'm assuming you want to stay downtown.  (which means you lose the wonder of Main Street in Manayunk) There is a Holiday Inn at 4th and Arch (ish)
    Posted by SteveandKris[/QUOTE]

Ha well I haven't been to Philly since my 7th grade field trip.  So just somewhere in walking distance to bars/restaurants. 
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • SteveandKrisSteveandKris member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_hotels-philly-bachelor-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:b79aef3b-31e0-4694-b373-6ee795c3a1f3Post:37fc94b5-ceee-4a9a-88e8-60d3d321083a">Re: Hotels In Philly for Bachelor Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hotels In Philly for Bachelor Party : Ha well I haven't been to Philly since my 7th grade field trip. <em> <strong>So just somewhere in walking distance to bars/restaurants. 
    </strong></em>Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

Which ones?  There are bars/restaurants pretty much everywhere.  I can walk to bars/restaurants from my house, but I certainly can't walk to downtown...

There are hotels near UPenn/Drexel with bars and restaurants within walking distance, but I wouldn't walk to Old City from there... I have, I wouldn't do it again... and I wouldn't do it drunk
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, if you knew what types of bars they were looking to go to (sports, dance, chill) maybe we could recommend a neighborhood and they could stay there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards