Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Is it bad.....

So my wedding date is 09-14-12 (technically less than a year away). Is it bad I havent looked for dresses yet ? ! When did everyone begin to look for theirs ( or when do you plan to).Also when did you purchase the gown ? I want to lose some weight before I start looking but I dont want to wait last minute either.

Re: Is it bad.....

• Options
    Cackle6Cackle6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Naw, you've got plenty of time. Just keep in mind that they say to allow 4-6 months for a dress to come in, and then figure another month or so for alterations.

We got engaged in June and picked a May wedding date, so I was never at a year out from the date. I started looking in July but that's only because I couldn't wait any more, I was too excited! :)
  • Options
    jessa1228jessa1228 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My date is 9.29.12 and i don't plan on looking for dresses until next month at the earliest. I do want to have it by the end of the year though.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kirab2kirab2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My wedding is the same day!  and i also have weight I need to lose. Ideally 40 lbs... baby weight. Im making myself lose 20 before I try on dresses.  I want to order by jan 1st.

January Siggy ****weight loss**** image Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanksfor the feed back : )  Yeah I def want to lose at least 10pounds before trying on dresses... So I better get on it !
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got mine early but I was engaged almost two years. It took six months for my dress to come in. So I'd try to start looking 9 months out to be safe.
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I only had an 8 month engagement, and I had mine in plenty of time.  I got a lot of the "Ooo, you don't have a lot of time" from some bridal salons, but I think I ordered mine at 6 months out and it sat in my parent's house for a good 3 weeks before the wedding.  
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I started looking a little over a year out. I bought at 11 months because everyone said how long it would take. Nope. My dress was in within 2 weeks and it has been sitting at my mom's house ever since!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone !
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    6 month engagement here, and waited until the 2nd month to get my dress and I was fine.  As long as you aren't super picky, or need weird alterations you will be fine.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should be fine. My weddings in June
    June 2012 - September Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest My Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards