Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Friday Poll #3 Food

What foods do you hate and refuse to eat?  Either specific food items, or food types in general.

Re: Friday Poll #3 Food

• Options
    Jesster153Jesster153 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    American Cheese.

I hate everything about it-  look, smell, taste.
    Gross!
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mayonaise, Miracle Whip, olives, artichokes, brussell sprouts, & anything that has any of it in/on it. (no potato or macaroni salad, etc.)

and I won't eat Tuna fish out of a can because my family always mixed it with mayo.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    string beans.  I hate them.

I also don't eat a whole lot of seafood either.  I'm allergic to shellfish, and everything else just kinda grosses me out.

..and if one person responds to this with "if it smells fishy, it's not fresh" I might scream. 
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jess.. will you eat other kinds of cheese??
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    mushrooms, mayo, ketchup, mustard (most condiments). 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amer-  yea. I like other kinds of cheese-- cheddar, moz, provolone, etc. but something about American freaks me out. I've never liked it.

amy- we go through ketchup in our house likes its our job. hahaha
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    amy- I can put mustard on ANYTHING. I love mustard on chicken nuggets & fries... mmm... I'm hungry now. Thanks guys. Between this poll and Dibs' post...
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am actually NOT a fan of ketchup. I don't hate it but I don't really like it and don't use it. DH, however, might have the market cornered on ketchup. Yuck.

I heart cheese. Of every variety!

I'm having a hard time thinking of something I HATE and won't eat. Is that bad?? haha
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Parts of the animal that aren't meat... I gag at the thought of feet, ears, intestines, etc used for cooking.  We got "chicken foot soup" in Jamaica and it literally had a chicken foot in it.  OMG  gag on the spot.

I don't like beets or artichokes.  Refuse to eat raw fish or meat.
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Soups, salads, anything with sauce or dressing.  Dip.  Anything with a spice or seasoning to it other than something basic like oregano, garlic, salt, pepper. 
    Ham, pork, beef, really anything other than turkey or chicken. Anything cooked on the grill.  Any veggie.  Most fruit with the exception of some berries and apples.  I could go on and on and on.

I'm really not sure how I've survived to the age of 31.

• Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I really love all food. There aren't many things I won't eat. The only thing I can think of is anything that is "pickled." I've never eaten anything pickled, so I can't say if it's good or bad. It just sounds gross to me haha.

Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    Dibs-  What do you eat!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    a.lemma4a.lemma4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_friday-poll-3-food?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:beacea64-835c-41c5-a65d-f1628928baacPost:d188f8a8-05af-44fd-8640-921dca81b483">Re: Friday Poll #3 Food</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am actually NOT a fan of ketchup. I don't hate it but I don't really like it and don't use it. DH, however, might have the market cornered on ketchup. Yuck. I heart cheese. Of every variety!<strong> I'm having a hard time thinking of something I HATE and won't eat. Is that bad?? haha
    </strong>Posted by Madam A[/QUOTE]

Ditto! LOL
    Siggy Challenge - Favorite Pic of FI - Tan and Fuzzy, Just the way I like him ;-) imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    edited December 2011
    I don't eat a ton of seafood either.  But this is a recent development.  The last 3 times I've had shrimp, I've gotten violently ill, so now I'm scared.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    haha omg dibs- what do you eat???
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mayo, ketchup, pickles, almost any fish.  The only condiments I like are BBQ sauce and mustard.  And I use mustard sparingly.

The only fish I eat are shrimp, crabs (but not crab cakes or crab dip), and lobster. That's it. 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Oh, I also don't eat mushrooms.  Or any fruit, but that's an allergy thing, not because I don't like it.

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mayo, mushrooms and especially TOMATOES! Ewwww....
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh- bbq sauce. I can't stand it!
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    mental note-- never invite Dibs over for dinner.  Unless you are serving.. um...pizza?
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ding ding ding....chicken and pizza it is!  Just make sure the pizza doesn't have sauce on top where I can see it, haha.

• Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mayo (or any "salad" with mayo involved), mustard, pickles, olives. Then I have a bunch of random "texture" things I have a problem with -- so if the texture isn't right, I won't eat it.

I, also, don't like salad with dressing on it -- I'll order the dressing on the side and dab my fork in it before spearing the lettuce. Same with sauces on meat, especially cream sauces. Eating out at a restaurant with me can sometimes feel like When Harry Met Sally.
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LadyJ - My H has issues with "texture" too.  It makes me LOL.
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_friday-poll-3-food?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:beacea64-835c-41c5-a65d-f1628928baacPost:127a29ad-901d-4eb5-aa1e-b08b7cc38920">Re: Friday Poll #3 Food</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mayo (or any "salad" with mayo involved), mustard, pickles, olives. <strong>Then I have a bunch of random "texture" things I have a problem with</strong> -- so if the texture isn't right, I won't eat it. I, also, don't like salad with dressing on it -- I'll order the dressing on the side and dab my fork in it before spearing the lettuce. Same with sauces on meat, especially cream sauces. Eating out at a restaurant with me can sometimes feel like When Harry Met Sally.
    Posted by LadyJ10[/QUOTE]

This is why I don't like bananas.  I don't like how they are mushy.  I will eat anything with bananas in it... smoothies, bread, etc.... but I won't eat a fresh banana. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    TOMATOES!!! I HATE tomatoes!  But yet I love ketchup and sauce! FI is the same way though!!  If a tomato touches my food I won't eat it!  I get grossed out
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Smile1114Smile1114 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_friday-poll-3-food?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:beacea64-835c-41c5-a65d-f1628928baacPost:bd7241da-161c-42c6-b906-55f8ae02add0">Re: Friday Poll #3 Food</a>:
    [QUOTE]Parts of the animal that aren't meat... I gag at the thought of feet, ears, intestines, etc used for cooking.  We got "chicken foot soup" in Jamaica and it literally had a chicken foot in it.  OMG  gag on the spot. I don't like beets or artichokes.  Refuse to eat raw fish or meat.
    Posted by miguelhilary2010[/QUOTE]

THIS! & I hate sushi, cottage cheese and all seafood except for shrimp and tuna and that is seriously rare. Fi is so picky he wont eat any veggies except corn and string beans very very cooked, no fruits at all ever and no condiments, dips or mayo.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
    11/11/11

*Make A Wish*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_friday-poll-3-food?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:beacea64-835c-41c5-a65d-f1628928baacPost:0a4f5e91-e835-4eb8-8031-0db71705ee5b">Re: Friday Poll #3 Food</a>:
    [QUOTE]I hate them. I also don't eat a whole lot of seafood either.  I'm allergic to shellfish, and everything else just kinda grosses me out. ..and if one person responds to this with "if it smells fishy, it's not fresh" I might scream. 
    Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]

You and I need to become friends.  I will occasionally eat shrimp, and I like sushi, but I refuse to eat salmon or almost all other fishes.  And when people give me the "smells fishy" line, I want to punch them. 

Bananas gross me out, as does most pork products. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_friday-poll-3-food?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:beacea64-835c-41c5-a65d-f1628928baacPost:7b97bdfb-c89d-4233-b7a2-632f0e8470c5">Re: Friday Poll #3 Food</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Friday Poll #3 Food : This is why I don't like bananas.  I don't like how they are mushy.  I will eat anything with bananas in it... smoothies, bread, etc.... but I won't eat a fresh banana. 
    Posted by amy727[/QUOTE]

I can't eat overly ripe bananas, but if they're just the right level of ripe I will! There's like a turning point, and once they're past that I usually have to freeze them for smoothies or bake banana bread!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    brussel sprouts, and cooked creamed spinach. YUKKKKK

I also won't eat veal because of what it is.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    cooked carrots.  I love raw carrots but cannot stand cooked carrots!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards