Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Re: Help me pick FIs wedding gift.

• Options
    edited December 2011

They're both nice.... but I really like the second one.

Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hmm. I like the first one a little better but I think it depends on where it would be put. I think the first one is really nice and would need to be placed in a really nice office, where the second one I feel could go any where.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I should add the cufflinks were 12 bucks.... so i feel bad, and feel I should give him something else... and cufflinks, when will he ever use them again? This clock will sit on his desk for years to come.... 

I have a feeling he will give me an ipad for my gift, I hope he doesn't because its expensive, but I DO want one ha. :) 
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does he need a clock?  Or is there a meaning behind it?  I think just the cufflinks are good.

• Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_pick-fis-wedding-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:bfbc6172-be2d-49d6-b3b7-c618c6bdfb75Post:354b83f3-cfb5-4ad7-9ad5-3a3493f04e85">Re: Help me pick FIs wedding gift.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Does he need a clock?  Or is there a meaning behind it?  I think just the cufflinks are good.
    Posted by dibsontop[/QUOTE]

This.  If you feel like there is meaning behind it, go for it.  I personally like the wooden clock better, because I feel like it is more traditional, but I think it's a matter of style.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think the cufflinks are good, although after reading your follow up post, I can add that I like the first clock.
    *~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

i like the wooden one

October 2012 May 2011 Siggy: E-Ring
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    There is no meaning behind the clock. His desk is a nice dark color so it will look nice.

I can't make up my mind!  I was going to get him this nice bracelet, but he won't wear it.... I kinda asked him if he would or if he has ever worn one.  He said like a watch it might pull hairs out. LOL  

I am kinda running out of time....
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly I wouldn't worry about it at all. You got him a sweet gift he would like, call it a day. I got DH a pocket watch engraved with our wedding date, as something to be past down to his son, and then his son's son etc.... because there is nothing like that in the family, and where it doens't have meaning now, it will. I also did bpics and gave him the album...I'm no help to you... DH didn't get me anything gift related, and I really didn't care at all, so it doesn't matter who gets who what and how much you spend, it's the thought behind it.
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the second one!
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats a good point BP. Yea I already did B-Pics for last years V-day gift.   I will think more about it... but I guess I don't have to give him anything else. He won't know how much the cufflinks cost :)
  • Options
    LadybugBride3LadybugBride3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Dont' worry about, you have too much else going on I'm sure!  I'm getting FI a grooms cake at the rehearsal dinner and thats it! 

We were at the mall on Saturday and I was obessing over a pair of D&G sunglasses so he got them for me and said, I guess this is your wedding present b/c I never got you anything else, lol

image 247 Invited so far!
    image 170 Are ready to party!
    image 35 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are MIA!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_pick-fis-wedding-gift?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:bfbc6172-be2d-49d6-b3b7-c618c6bdfb75Post:c0cfda76-94ca-42ee-a90d-51fef6c15be4">Re: Help me pick FIs wedding gift.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Help me pick FIs wedding gift. : This.  If you feel like there is meaning behind it, go for it.  I personally like the wooden clock better, because I feel like it is more traditional, but I think it's a matter of style.
    Posted by ev4149[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't get the clock either.  </div><div>Is it b/c you think you need something?</div><div>
    </div><div>My FI wears cufflinks everyday...</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea well I think I need something else! haha. I think I changed my mind now anyways.  Are you joking about him wearing cufflinks every day??   My FI wears tshirts  daily :)
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    >>Are you joking about him wearing cufflinks every day??   My FI wears tshirts  daily :) <<

We're just Americans, not fancy like the British ;)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards