July 2012 Weddings
Options

Bachelorette/Bachelor Parties

Hi everyone,

So, I have my Bachelorette Party this weekend in AC - - nothing too crazy - - BUT my lovely fiance is going to Vegas for 5 days leaving next Thurs! It was not his idea to go to Vegas, of course it was his brother's plan.  Am I stupid for feeling a little upset about it? There is nothing I can do, and I am TRYING to just be "cool" about it but I let my mind wander, I mean...it's vegas.........help!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bachelorette/Bachelor Parties

• Options
    edited May 2012
    My FI had his last weekend in NYC I am so glad it's over lol.  Mine is on June 2nd in NYC. 

I don't blame you for being a little unsettled I would not be a fan of FI going to Vegas for 5 days for his bach party.  As long as you trust him I am sure you have nothing to worry about.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
     Enjoy yours! PS we are going to Aruba too, Occidental, how about you?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    Do you trust your FI? If so, then have no worries. No destination, even Vegas, is going to change the person that he is. Just relax and have fun at your b-party!

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    So true - - I guess sometimes you just like to hear that from other peopel to get your brain in order.  I know and trust who he is, but I cannot say the same for his brother!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Five days is a really long bachelor party! I would probably be a little unsettled by it, but you just have to trust your FI. There is a reason you are marrying him and he is marrying you. Keep yourself busy with wedding planning or fun stuff with your friends while he's gone. I'm sure it'll be fine and he'll be missing you by the second day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_bachelorettebachelor-parties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:898a4106-8bbc-4d8a-bb1f-bedb3e0d2ac2Post:d7ec36bd-f96f-4bc4-80c0-088e056ec026">Re: Bachelorette/Bachelor Parties</a>:
    [QUOTE] Enjoy yours! PS we are going to Aruba too, Occidental, how about you?
    Posted by rachael7183[/QUOTE]

Thanks!!!  We are going to 230 5th for mine have you ever been there?  I see you live in NYC. 

We are staying at the tara beach suites and the renaissance.  I can not wait!!! 
  • Options
    Yea, it is long.  He has been to Vegas before (prior to us dating) and he always said that Vegas for more than 3 days is TOO much...but he did not plan/pay for this trip.  His brother who never went to Vegas and never had a Bachelor party planned it out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_bachelorettebachelor-parties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:898a4106-8bbc-4d8a-bb1f-bedb3e0d2ac2Post:f8d5e3e3-1f8f-40f1-9c70-2e231b2a7198">Re: Bachelorette/Bachelor Parties</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bachelorette/Bachelor Parties : Thanks!!!  We are going to 230 5th for mine have you ever been there?  I see you live in NYC.  We are staying at the tara beach suites and the renaissance.  I can not wait!!! 
    Posted by LADY324[/QUOTE]

I have not been there but I have heard really good things about it - -it's actually not far from my apartment.  We live on 20th and Park! Hope you have a great time! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would trust your FI to do the right thing.  5 days is a long trip but 2 of them will probably be spent traveling.  Have fun at your b-party!

Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_bachelorettebachelor-parties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:898a4106-8bbc-4d8a-bb1f-bedb3e0d2ac2Post:46dd57bf-bf01-419b-9f4d-b381e3ed0cae">Re: Bachelorette/Bachelor Parties</a>:
    [QUOTE]So true - - I guess sometimes you just like to hear that from other peopel to get your brain in order.  I know and trust who he is, but I cannot say the same for his brother!
    Well, I guess it's a good thing you're not marrying his brother then.

Anxiously awaiting baby #1! Baby BOY Due: May 30, 2013! Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_bachelorettebachelor-parties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:898a4106-8bbc-4d8a-bb1f-bedb3e0d2ac2Post:f6579655-1ec3-4556-ac3d-8c7d27307438">Re: Bachelorette/Bachelor Parties</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yea, it is long.  He has been to Vegas before (prior to us dating) and he always said that Vegas for more than 3 days is TOO much...but he did not plan/pay for this trip.  His brother who never went to Vegas and never had a Bachelor party planned it out.

<div>Yeah I think 3 days is the most I've done Vegas, and it was definitely enough for me!</div><div>
    </div><div>It's funny how often bachelor parties end up being planned around what the other guy's want, way more than what the groom wants. </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree 5 days is pretty long, but you're also going to AC. And the PP said that 2 of these 5 days will be spent traveling probably.

As long as you trust your FI, everything will be okay!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_bachelorettebachelor-parties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:898a4106-8bbc-4d8a-bb1f-bedb3e0d2ac2Post:008e63ca-1abc-4a8f-a2e9-0661b6fa0006">Re: Bachelorette/Bachelor Parties</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bachelorette/Bachelor Parties : Yeah I think 3 days is the most I've done Vegas, and it was definitely enough for me! It's funny how often bachelor parties end up being planned around what the other guy's want, way more than what the groom wants. 
    Posted by BmoreBride311[/QUOTE]

That's so true!! He would have preferred something "low key" by the beach but go figure...I am sure he will have fun but I am also sure that by day 3 they are going to be miserably hungover!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    FI is doing his in Vegas, too, which is funny because he doesn't want it there.  I trust FI, and his best man, but noone else that's planning on going.  And it sounds like the guest list is spiraling out of control, because all of his old work friends wanted to go when they heard about it.  FI's BM keeps trying to reassure me that it's not going to be bad, but who knows.  I guess I just don't understand why it's planned for Vegas when FI doesn't even want it to be there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options

I just keep picturing the "Hangover"...LOL

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_bachelorettebachelor-parties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:898a4106-8bbc-4d8a-bb1f-bedb3e0d2ac2Post:d5d04302-55d5-45ef-ae5d-7e5bf157bdc2">Re: Bachelorette/Bachelor Parties</a>:
    [QUOTE]I just keep picturing the "Hangover"...LOL

Lol that is exactly what pops into my head too!!
  • Options
    Like everyone said just trust him and I am sure everything will be fine.  FI went to a bach party in Vegas two years ago and I believe he was gone for 5 days as well.  He said they went to one strip club and just played poker all weekend hahah they are boring!

But now onto the fun stuff!!  Where are you going in AC? You should try to check out Revel .  I was gonna do AC for my bach party as well but I decided to just stay in Philly for cost savings (we are not having my bach party until June 23rd so peak season in AC)
  • Options

My bachelorette party is this weekend too! (; My FI was supposed to go to Vegas in June as well and I was not too thrilled about it either. I trust him but it still bothered me. I was secretly ecstatic when those plans fell through though lol Now they're just going to go deep sea fishing, race car driving, and out to a bar. So you're def. not stupid for being a little upset.

"Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • Options
    My fiance leaves for Vegas this afternoon for his bach party. With 14 guys. I'm more worried about their chances of getting into a club with a slew of 14 dudes than I am worried about his behavior. . .  :) If you trust your fiance, it'll be fine. I totally feel you being uneasy about it though. It's just the stigma of Vegas. BUT: It's just a "guys" weekend. He won't do anything there that he wouldn't do anywhere else.

I'm also going to Vegas for my bachelorette in June - we're only going for 3 days though.

LADY you will LOVE 230 5th. I've been probably 4-5 times. Great views of the city, but it does get crowded and I'm kind of claustorphobic. You said you're getting bottle service though, right?

Rachel, I live at 55th and Lex! We're closeby.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_bachelorettebachelor-parties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:898a4106-8bbc-4d8a-bb1f-bedb3e0d2ac2Post:45c5cf44-af05-40d5-969f-b4f66b9594aa">Re: Bachelorette/Bachelor Parties</a>:
    [QUOTE]My fiance leaves for Vegas this afternoon for his bach party. With 14 guys. I'm more worried about their chances of getting into a club with a slew of 14 dudes than I am worried about his behavior. . .  :) If you trust your fiance, it'll be fine. I totally feel you being uneasy about it though. It's just the stigma of Vegas. BUT: It's just a "guys" weekend. He won't do anything there that he wouldn't do anywhere else. I'm also going to Vegas for my bachelorette in June - we're only going for 3 days though. LADY you will LOVE 230 5th. I've been probably 4-5 times. Great views of the city, but it does get crowded and I'm kind of claustorphobic. You said you're getting bottle service though, right? Rachel, I live at 55th and Lex! We're closeby.
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

Haha, that's funny and we are in similar boats! We should meet up for a drink one night! When is your big day?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_bachelorettebachelor-parties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:898a4106-8bbc-4d8a-bb1f-bedb3e0d2ac2Post:65684855-486d-4791-8e20-57d42eed8263">Re: Bachelorette/Bachelor Parties</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bachelorette/Bachelor Parties : Haha, that's funny and we are in similar boats! We should meet up for a drink one night! When is your big day?

I think that's a fantastic idea. We're getting married on July 14th, so the week before you it looks like!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_bachelorettebachelor-parties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:898a4106-8bbc-4d8a-bb1f-bedb3e0d2ac2Post:36c3412a-8688-4fcb-aadc-f794f836c4d8">Re: Bachelorette/Bachelor Parties</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bachelorette/Bachelor Parties : I think that's a fantastic idea. We're getting married on July 14th, so the week before you it looks like!

Oh 7/1 stands for my bday, I am 7-14, too! Getting married in Westchester, Tarrytown Doubletree/Hilton. I cant believe less than 2 months now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    That's so exciting! I love hearing about other July 14th brides. :) We're getting married in Philly because I'm from there and my mom is hosting. Otherwise we would have done NYC, I think. I can't believe my ticker says "1 month . . . " !
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_bachelorettebachelor-parties?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:898a4106-8bbc-4d8a-bb1f-bedb3e0d2ac2Post:5d0b08c4-9f12-4469-a82f-00b79467d900">Re: Bachelorette/Bachelor Parties</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's so exciting! I love hearing about other July 14th brides. :) We're getting married in Philly because I'm from there and my mom is hosting. Otherwise we would have done NYC, I think. I can't believe my ticker says "1 month . . . " !

Tell me about it, time just seriously FLYS! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going to the city for one night in June for my b party and FI is headed to Cali for his bachelor party next week from Wed - Monday. It's annoying that he'll be gone for so long (missing his birthday and MDW!), but one of his GM lives out there and all of his friends wanted to go. It is what it is... I'm looking forward to having some time to myself! Have fun at yours this weekend and don't worry about your FI! I'm sure they will be fine :)
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    Thanks for all the positive words ladies, it really helps!! I will definitely have some fun this weekend :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards