Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Bachelorette Party gifts?

In two weeks, we're throwing the first bachelorette party for my group of friends. I really want it to be fun for the bride-to-be but she said she doesn't want anything too vulgar and doesn't want us to get her lingerie (she's worried about her size).

I still think we HAVE to make it a little sexy. For a gift, I got her a pair of bride undies and edible body whipped cream. I also picked up some penis straws and we have the night planned for drinks and then dancing in the city. What are some other fun gifts/things we can do without being raunchy?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Bachelorette Party gifts?

• Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My girlfriends got me a vibrator, and gave it to me at dinner, I wasn't pleased. My other friend not in the BP got me a few really cute underwear from VS, like three pair. Not lingere, just cute underwear, and I liked those!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    First things first, I LOVE the baby/fruit thing. Congratulations!

Looking for playful ideas, I think cute undies may be more up her alley. She OK'ed the straws but specifically said she doesn't want it to be raunchy. Undies would be perfect.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LadybugBride3LadybugBride3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

ditto cute undies.  I got a lot of lingerie at my shower, and while I'm not a "big" girl, I'm very busty and none of it fits or looks flattering.  I'd suggest maybe some massage oil and VS has some really cute bridal undies, I picked a few pairs up the last time I saw them for future showers/bach parties

image 247 Invited so far!
    image 170 Are ready to party!
    image 35 Will be missing out!
    image 42 Are MIA!
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I opted not to have a bachelorette party so my friends packed a VS bag full of stuff, like lingerie, books, toys, etc.  At the wedding reception they told my husband about it and he gave them our room key to put it with our luggage.  He gave it to me to open once we got to our room in Hawaii.

If you really want to get her stuff like that and think she'll enjoy it but think she'll be embarrassed about it, you could try something like that where just she and her hubby open it together.

ETA: Yup, it got inspected by TSA.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My SIL gave me a few pairs of tasteful cute VS Pink undies that were appreciated :)  MoH gave a VS gift card, also appreciated.  Lotion, bath stuff might be nice if you don't want to be cheesy or crass. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gift receipts for the undies will allow her to exchange for a different size too. :-). Also, a "coupon" book for her to give to her DH? Something cute and non raunchy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    For my friend everyone brought a few pairs of cute panties wrapped but no name on it. As we pre-gamed at the hotel she opened them & tried to guess who they were from. It was cute and tasteful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jelybean - what a cute idea!

thanks everyone!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend's bachelorette party was done very tastefully.
    They all got her something from VS or somewhere similar.
    And they kept it in the bags and as they pregamed she opened them all.

There is this link
    http://www.victoriassecret.com/bras/bridal-collection

But I also know she got a couple nice satin-y robes for her honeymoon too

I personally am not a fan of penis stuff....I think that is embarrasing.
    I'd much rather open girly playful stuff and do a sash and tiara :-)
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    ev4149ev4149 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not into raunchy stuff, and for my bachelorette party, the favorite thing I got were chocolate covered bride and groom strawberries from Shari's Berries, if you are looking for edible. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mac A Weenies and Cheese (Spencer gifts)

Ditto LRM too... I was also going to suggest lotion, oil, bubble bath and a gift card so she can shop for herself.

To be honest, most of the vulgar/cheesy stuff is just a waste of money.  It rarely gets used for more than the one night.
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    Are you supposed to give/get gifts at a bachelorette party? 

I  had a crown that said 'Bride to Be' with a veil, and a sash that lit up.  The sash lasted about 10 minutes before I got sick of it and dropped it somewhere ;)

..I did get a penis cake though, compliments of my MOH's boyfriend :)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I got lots of crazy stuff at my bachlorette party! A  penis and flower leis, penis straws, a penis wand, body paints, edible undies (LOL) penis in a shot glass, tiara veil.... yea lots of stuff. I want to keep some of it but I think I will toss it all,  or just hand it to another bride in the near future.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, Amer, gifts are not supposed to be given, but I don't think it's out of the question.  I've bought gifts for 3 bach parties I've gone to.
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    edited December 2011
    >>No, Amer, gifts are not supposed to be given, but I don't think it's out of the question<<

Oh, ok.  This is a completely new idea to me.  ;)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    RE: cute undies - we did this at a friend's bach. She really liked it. And it was practical too. I think it is usually done at a bridal shower, but we had her open some little gfts before we went out partying that night...

http://www.diva-girl-parties-and-stuff.com/panty-poem.html
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have never seen gifts at a bach party before my own. And the one girl said "my mom said i was suposed to bring gifts... so here you go! " she felt weird cause she was the only one haha. (other then the bm's, with the vibrator)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I've never been to one with gifts either. It's definitely not expected, a few of us just wanted to do something fun/cute since the party itself will be pretty low-key. I think I'm going to go with the undies idea.

Thanks for sharing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    All of the girls that came down to the shorehouse for the weekend put together a basket for me... I also had the no penis rule... I just think its trashy (MY OPINION)... But the girls put together a basket of all sorts of stuff... Some stuff for my and my DH on our honeymoon (KY jelly, handicuffs*funny story with THOSE*, edible body paint)... stuff for the bachelorette weekend (shot glass, a glass that reads "I'm getting married bitches.." *I drank out of it morning of the wedding*, penis straws), my tiara and sash for the weekend.... Also each girl purchased a pair of undies for me.... my DH had snuck them my size.... Some thongs some boy shorts.... mostly from VS because thats where I shop so the sizes remain the same.. It was cute and the undies are practical verses lingerie can be tough for personal choice with what you like and your body type...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_bachelorette-party-gifts?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:c662a84e-d3d3-45db-b5e0-5bdfb343f4cdPost:e8ec2777-b4e8-42a2-88bc-59b9265c689d">Re: Bachelorette Party gifts?</a>:
    [QUOTE] ETA: Yup, it got inspected by TSA.
    Posted by dibsontop[/QUOTE]

Our "handcuffs" went into our luggage, more as a joke than anything for our honeymoon and my DH's bag got held in security at the cruise ship...We had to go down and claim it. So here we are in line and the security guy goes "Room Number" and my DH tells him it... He goes "Well it looks like your bag got held for.... ((scans down the paper..)) HANDCUFFS!!! OMG I wanted to melt right there on the spot, but instead I burst into laughter... The 80 year old couple behind us (on their 60 anniversary) were like have fun later with that!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards