Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

AMW....Kind of

Just thought I'd share with the rest of you that we're a few weeks away from going up to Philly to actually meet and see WR people and places.  Thus far, living in NC, we've booked everything and everyone remotely.  We haven't even seen our venue in person...

In the span of three days in a couple of weeks we are meeting our month-of coordinator for the first time in person over brunch, our photog over lunch, our DJ, and coffee one morning with our videographer in Old City.  We'll also be touring our venue for the first time in person and meeting our venue coordinator for the first time in person.  We're also touring the two hotels we're blocking rooms off at for the first time as well.  We'll have to do the same thing in September and December for the rest of our vendors...some of which we haven't even hired yet. 

When I think of the $$$$ already tied up in signed and executed contracts it just makes me nervous and I hope we like all of these people and places as much in person as we did over the phone.  It's nerve-wracking though to have some big checks taken care of and yet never seeing any of them in person yet.  We've had to rely on pictures and reviews for almost everything and I just hope there's no bombs dropped on us.  Like, if we go see the Down Town Club and for whatever reason we hate it!  To late now!

Re: AMW....Kind of

• Options
    Sending positive knottie vibes~~~~ that you and your FI love everything :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    TeepTeep member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    I hope everything goes well! & have fun!
  • Options
    You're going to LOVE your videographer! He's one of my favorite vendors. Have fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    broodc2broodc2 member
    First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_amwkind-of?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:cb8c5a42-a317-49f3-aade-d2b95bb2b6bfPost:e50f993f-983d-4020-b6c6-190cc92c47c7">Re: AMW....Kind of</a>:
    [QUOTE]You're going to LOVE your videographer! He's one of my favorite vendors. Have fun!
    Posted by bridetobe71412[/QUOTE]

Thanks Bride.  I hope so.  He seems really nice so we're excited to meet Lou.  We carved out some extra time just so we can get to know him better.  We're meeting him for coffee at a place called Old City Coffee (?...his suggestion).  I'm naturally a bit curious as to how this will all go down. 

I see your wedding is coming up in a bit!  We're excited to see how your wedding film turns out.  Which one of Lou's videos/styles is your fav?
  • Options
    Brood - I'm not totally sure! I think we're going to go with the non-Super 8, because it's more classic and timeless. We're still a bit undecided, though.

I live in NY so I'm not very familiar with Philly (despite being from the outskirts) so I'm not entirely sure where Old City Coffee is. If it's near his studio, though, it's a cute area and he's a cool guy so he'll put you at ease. 

I will for sure AW my video when the wedding is over!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards