Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Engagement Pics Attire?

We are having our engagement pictures take this week around 7pm. We want to wear our flyers jerseys because that is a big part of our lives and something nicer for the night shots around city hall. What do you recommend and not recommend? Thanks!

Re: Engagement Pics Attire?

• edited December 2011

I think something with color looks nice but no crazy patterns. I think there are certain colors that may not photograph as well as others. Maybe google that? Also I am not a fan of anything too matchy matchy with FI. I prefer outfits that coordinate.

For our fancy outfits I have a purple wrap dress and FI will wear kahki chinos and a button down shirt that coordinates perhaps with a sweater (he wears sweaters in 100 degree heat, he is weird).

Google engagement pictures and see what others have worn. From there decide what you like and what you don't.

I will probably try my outfit on and take my picture in it. Sometimes something that looks great on in your bedroom just doesn't look as nice on camera.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • TeepTeep member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea of wearing Flyers jerseys! I think your personalites should definitely come through in the pictures. Maybe wear white shirts under them so you can take them off and have some in plain clothes? Have fun!
  • edited December 2011
    I'd have the flyers jerseys for some pictures, but then wear other clothes for the majority of them.

I wore a red button down shirt (long, and untucked), nice jeans, and wedges. My guy wore a blue button down, tucked in w/ khakis.
  • CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I are doing two outfits as well.

One more casual one more dressy.

They won't match but they will coordinate.

I will probably wear black for one of them....

I am also rocking these shoes for the dressy ones

http://www.stevemadden.com/Item.aspx?id=58581&np=564
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!
  • edited December 2011
    I love your ideas.  Your e-pics should be about your personality, so Flyers jersies sound perfect! 

I agree with jelybean about no busy patterns.  Solid colors tend to photograph better.  And back when I was in college, I did a bit of film stuff... and patterns & white were a big no-no in film.  I imagine it's probably similar with photography. 
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards