Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Marriage License

Does anyone know if we can get a marriage license without showing up in person?
We are currently living in Florida and getting married in Philadelphia. I called the Montgomery County office and I don't think the woman understood what I was asking because her response was to just write our names down on a piece of paper and mail it in with $10!!??
We will be home at Christmas but our wedding is not until April (more than 60 days away) and would prefer not to have to fly home again until we are in for the wedding. We are only flying in two days before the wedding so we can't do it then either.
Thanks!

Re: Marriage License

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you have to do it in person.  We live in London and had the same issue, however I was there 2 weeks before the wedding and my H came in 5 days before the wedding.  The people at the license office made comments about how we made it in just in time.  

Anyway they ask to see your ID and ask you all sorts of questions and such so I don't see how you could do it if you are not there.  

I would come in 3 or 4 days before hand personally, otherwise I don't see how you will get married.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards