Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Tuxes

I live in Bensalem and most of the groomsmen live fairly close to us. Can you ladies suggest some good tux places? I know of MW but I have heard mixed reviews of them.

Anyone ever use Jos A Bank? Are they expensive? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Tuxes

• Options
    lisalaroclisalaroc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I could be completely wrong about this but I thought Jos A Bank was suits -  I didn't know they had tuxes.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    They have tuxes too I think  Men's Wearhouse was used by a lot of girls on this board.  We're going with Iacobucci in Havertown.  They gave FI great service.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 235 invited so far!
    image 144 are ready to party!
    image 91 will be missing out!
    image 0 are MIA!
  • Options
    lisalaroclisalaroc member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_tuxes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:ceffecfe-0c2d-476d-b879-1c9f3eb2b885Post:beda5f2d-a391-4218-b6ab-8101f93ea06a">Re: Tuxes</a>:
    [QUOTE]They have tuxes too I think  Men's Wearhouse was used by a lot of girls on this board.  We're going with Iacobucci in Havertown.  They gave FI great service.
    Posted by annie6672[/QUOTE]

I agree - several people I know have used them and were very pleased.  My brother used them for proms.  We are actually using Iacobucci in West Chester, though I am not sure that they are the same owners.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw a commercial recently for tux rentals/purchases at Jos A Bank.  There's a section on their website where you can build your tux, but no pricing.  DH loves their suits and we probably would have checked them out for tuxes had we known about it. 

No other suggestions though.  We went with MW and were very happy with the service.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Dibs- you liked MW? We were hesitant to use them because I've heard some horror stories lately. Whichever one we use will probably be in the same 'district' as yours, so i'm curious to hear your experience with them.
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Formal Expressions in New Jersey because we really wanted a summer suit instead of a tux. www.formalexpressionsnj.com - the sales girl was completely not helpful in the store, but my DH worked with the guy who coordinates the rentals and he was good. They even came out to do measurements and brought the tuxes to the hotel the day before the wedding!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    FutureMrsTCTFutureMrsTCT member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

FI and I just went to Jos A Bank, and found the most amazing tuxes for all the guys! Not too expensive. Amazing customer service! I can't fully recommend them since obviosusly we just took the first steps in finding tuxes, but I was very impressed. They didn't crowd, they showed us the books and then said when you need us, call for us and we'll come right away. And that is exactly what they did. They were straight forward, professional, and told us exactly which options were upgrades and that it could be downgraded if the person wanted when they ordered the rental.

5 tux rentals and the groom's is free. Plus since we have 9 total rentals, we're getting a 20% discount. So it's about the same price as the bridesmaid dresses (whcih are from DB)

*~~*The Future Mrs. Coulter-Thurley*~~*
    Siggy Challenge Pic with BM
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_tuxes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:ceffecfe-0c2d-476d-b879-1c9f3eb2b885Post:e12fecfa-b18c-477c-befd-4f12c5e09280">Re: Tuxes</a>:
    [QUOTE]Dibs- you liked MW? We were hesitant to use them because I've heard some horror stories lately. Whichever one we use will probably be in the same 'district' as yours, so i'm curious to hear your experience with them.
    Posted by paprika28[/QUOTE]

We set up our "account" at the MW in Annapolis.  That's where we picked out everything and gave the names of all those that were picking up tuxes.  However, all of our groomsmen, dads, and RB got measured and picked up at either Springfield, PA or Wilmington, DE.  My husband got measured in Annapolis, and picked up in Wilmington.  So we were all over the place!  But they didn't mess anything up.  Everything was where it was supposed to be, when it was supposed to be there.  We had no problems at all with them.

• Options
    mandy122782mandy122782 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the suggestions! Now I just have to get FI moving on this!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you, Dibs. I really appreciate it. :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    cc+mmcc+mm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had such bad service at MW that we walked out. We actually went to Jos A Banks and had great service and ended up finding the same tuxes there. My Fi and the best man already own tuxes, but everyone else is renting. As for price, I'm not sure how they compare to MW, but I didn't think Jos. A Banks was bad. We actually bought Fi's tux from Jos A Banks a few months ago. With the sale they had at the time, it was worth it for the event he wore it to at the time, and the wedding...it was about the same to buy as to rent twice.
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    IMO, don't go to Mens Warehouse unless you really need convenience.  We went there and were ready to go until we realized they were more expensive than some smaller shops.  Plus, their customer service sucks but you have to consider how big the franchise is which probably makes good customer service more difficult .  The only time they were helpful was when they didn't give us a hard time getting our deposit back.  This was just our experience.  I'm sure others had good experiences there since they're so popular.  We were at the ones in Springfield and the one in NJ (either Deptford or Cherry Hill areas, I forget).

We finally settled on  Iacobucci's in Morton/West Chester.  They were fine, the only problem was that their hours suck and some of the GMs had trouble with their schedules to pick up their tuxes. 

I'd check out JAB's prices.  I didn't think Men's Warehouse was worth the price.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards