Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Musicians

Does neone know of any ceremony musicians that are not to pricey ? Im not sure is we want a harp...or a violin and cello...we just want them to play for the ceremony basically .

Re: Musicians

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i had a string trio play for when guests were arriving and the ceremony. I provided a list of both classical and pop turned classical (similar to vitiamin string quartet). I hired Rhittenhouse Quartet. They were absolutely wonderful. i negotiated, of course, and the TRIO includes  (your choice) 2 violins and 'cello; violin, viola, cello; flute, violin, 'cello for $500. That is very cheap compared to most, especially for a trio playing for about 90 minutes. I even provided them the music i wanted last minute- and some of it they didn't even have it in instrumental so they wrote it out for my wedding. Ex: I fell in love with having my bridesmaids walk down the aisle to "Love Story" by Taylor swift but played in strings (it sounded AMAZING). They didn't have that, but they got the regular piano/guitar tabs and were able to compopse based on that. I had a bunch of other songs they did, plus the obvious Canon in D, vivaldi, bach, handel, and other pop/rock music made classical which sounded gorgeous. if you want their contact info i woud be happy to provide :)
    Braxton & Lizzie 10.9.10 Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try colleges with music programs.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yea collages are good. i looked into that...its good if you don't care what songs they play. but if you want specific songs, i found that it was hard for them to get it together. It really depends on your needs jamie bean :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sorry its actually called Rittenhouse String Quartet. Ask for shannon.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks guys, im def going to look into it !
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Brizzie - I just went on their website for the trio it's 695 for an hour. did u talk them down to 500 ?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Sienna Strings- they were reasonable! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How would i go about looking into colleges for ceremony musicians? my soon to be sister inlaw is currently a student at Uarts and she said they dont hav kind of that musicians at her school....so what schools should i look into ?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    jamiebean- yes i negotiated. i did that with all my vendors. I said, "hi this is how much i have, we are paying for it ourselves...what can we work out". I got every single vendor for MUCH MUCH less than they were priced at.   PM if you have specific questions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks !
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards