Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Help Me Grow Some Balls

I have to call the Dr I used to work for again. I called yesterday, he said he'd do it and give me a great reference blah blah blah but he hasn't. It's due today and his reference is the most important since it's the most relevant to what I would be doing but I don't want to call him because I don't want to deal with him. They way I left just makes it so awkward for me to talk to him.

Re: Help Me Grow Some Balls

• Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just call him! He already said he would do it!
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    just do it already.  Whats the worse he's gonna say?  No?  Then you are no worse off then you are at this exact moment.

..then if he does say no, you can call him an ahole :)
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    edited December 2011

Give him a call and just saying that you want to thank him for the recommendation and ask if he needs any additional information.  That way you don't feel like you are bothering him and hopefully he remembers to send it. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_grow-balls?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:d0b2d388-637d-46ae-9f2f-5d59a5e42018Post:6ff06d6d-d0d1-464e-8bf3-4e68d247bfb8">Re: Help Me Grow Some Balls</a>:
    [QUOTE]just do it already.  Whats the worse he's gonna say?  No?  Then you are no worse off then you are at this exact moment. ..then if he does say no, you can call him an ahole :)
    Posted by Amerbutt81[/QUOTE]  agreed!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second amy's idea.  It's the polite nudge
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, I second the 'polite nudge'. (Nicely put, RA)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Northstar1808Northstar1808 member
    edited December 2011
    okay I called him and he didn't answer. Surprise surprise. I left a message and gave him till 2:00 today. If he doesn't do it then I'll have my good friend do it for me and send an email to the Dr that interviewed telling him that I contacted my reference multiple times and he must be too busy to do it. But here's the contact info if you want to personally contact him since he's the most important reference! a;oihwt;oihet;oiaeht;igeha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so ANGRY!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards