July 2012 Weddings
Options

"Why we get mad at our husbands"

I read this article via CNN yesterday and thought it put a lot of the things I fear regarding marriage in one place.  It also sums up my parent's marriage/divorce.  My mom was the one who got stuck working, taking care of us kids, running the household, while my dad went to work and got to do whatever he wanted for himself (he ended up cheating on my mother.....).

Check it out here!
Follow Me on Pinterest
Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: "Why we get mad at our husbands"

• Options
    "Meanwhile, his whiskers are in the sink and his boxers are on the floor, making her feel like she's married to nothing more than a hairy man-child."

Statement could not be any more true.  

Right now, I am supposed to be on bedrest.  His brother moved in just before Halloween (hey I just thought about it-that's when my pain started!).  Anyhoo, I've cut back on doing a lot of stuff since I end up in pain.  I got so mad at hubby last week, and he couldn't understand why.  It was the night before Thanksgiving, and a lot of cleaning needed to be done- dishes, guest bathroom, put away mountains of toys from our son and brother's son (which I had sprained my ankle on the day before), sweep, clean out fridge, vacuum, trash duty, put the leaf in the dining room table, etc, etc. 

Well, brother was supposed to work 9-5 that day, and hubby ended up getting off early.  They had discussed the day before that Brother was going to start cleaning when he got home, and hubby would help as soon as he got off.  Well, Brother ended up going to a buddy's house and was drinking and driving in hubby's car (I digress) and didn't come home till about 8:30- 9:30 or so.  Brother didn't help at all and went to bed.  Hubby got mad and said he couldn't do it all on his own, and instead of doing anything at all, he sat down and played Skyrim for hours. 

Seriously?  You complained for hours that you needed your brother here to help you and then you decide to do nothing at all instead?  The day before Thanksgiving?  So I finished up my green bean casserole, stuck it in the fridge, and started cleaning it out.  Between slamming stuff and making sure I made a lot of noise, I yelled out, "don't worry!  The pregnant chick with the sprained ankle that's supposed to be on bedrest will do it!"  

But they couldn't figure out why I was mad.  Trust me, it's not better having "two husbands."  You still end up with twice the work. >.<
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • Options
    I know the feeling of living with someone who doesn't see work, and once in while I have to tell my FI to finally put those clean socks in his drawer, but I'm blessed with a man who does as much as I do in the household.

But like the others, I've heard that all of that changes once there are kids...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards