Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

BM dress help!

So I've been looking at bridesmaid dresses and have found a couple that I like.  The problem is I have a bridesmaid that is on the plus size side.  I'm on that side myself, so I know being shoved into a size 8 gown is not a pleasant experience.  I'm an 16/18 so I deal, but she is around a 24/26.  I was wondering if you wonderful ladies had any suggestions of shops in the area that would have plus size BM dress samples so she can try dresses on too. Bridaltown's site totes samples up to a 32, I'm wondering how true this is.  Any help would be awesome!!

Re: BM dress help!

• edited December 2011
    Did you check David's Bridal? I think they have samples in every size- I would give them a call if you haven't already!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I second David's  - one of my bridemsaids is a 22ish and she had samples to try on there in various designs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    i did. the one by me (in deptford) has samples on aveage up to a 24.. and most of those dresses only go up to a 28, which i don't think it going to work.  I got measured for a bridesmaid dress recently and cause i'm not proportionate, i wound up getting a much bigger size than needed. this is my main worry, since i had to go up for certain parts, she's not going to be able to get any type of dress because of it..
  • edited December 2011
    Belle of the Ball Bridal in Trooper carries plus size dresses and samples.  And since it's run by plus size women, then truly understand what ladies go through.  It's fairly close to Bridaltown too, so you could check out both st one time. 
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies! we're gonna try belle of the ball bridal.  i called bridaltown and the lady flat out said they only have like  4 or 5 plus size bm samples. for me i can understand cause i'm looking for tea length but seriously?! they tote 0-32 samples to buy on their site..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards