Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

KOP Mall -- Where to register?

So I need to get an oil change this weekend and since the dealership takes the entire day to get it done, FI suggested we go to Sears in KOP to get it done on Saturday. We figure that we should probably start registering as we have yet to put any real thought into it.

So, my dilemma is, I don't want to seem selfish by registering EVERYWHERE. Which store do you recommend? Any suggestions as to what we particularly NEED to register for?

THANK YOUUUUU :)
"It takes as much energy to wish as it does to plan." -Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: KOP Mall -- Where to register?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I did bed bath and beyond, people love shopping there, esp cuz of the coupons. And also did Macys and Crate and Barrel, but keep in mind many people don't know crate and barrel... so you might not get many people buying from that store.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend Bed Bath and Beyond (there is one about a mile up the road from the mall on Route 202 N), Macys, or Crate and Barrel.  I agree that people may not be as familiar with or accesible to Crate and Barrel, but if you love the stuff there, register for what you like.  Check out stuff at all three stores and decide where you want to go.
  • Options
    Stacylynn702Stacylynn702 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did Bed Bath and Beyond and Macys.  Just be careful with Macys as they aren't all "full".  KOP should be good though.  I wanted Crate and Barrel at first but after we walked through, we thought their stock was a little boring but that's just our opinion.  BIL is registered there and they love the stuff they registered for, it's just not our taste.   I like bright and colorful and C&B didn't have that when we were looking.

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went with Pottery Barn and BBB in the US, Amazon.co.uk since Americans can buy from there and then a British department store.  

Do people really not know Crate and Barrel?  I guess it depends on your circle...
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did Macy's and Williams Sonoma. Doing two (or maybe three) places gives your guests some more choices.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I registered at BB&B and Macy's. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We registered at Macys and BB&B. I loved both stores. Both had great stock, many choices and coupons. Macys has better deals, such as when they have a sale going on, you can also use a coupon. Also if you sign up for their "Star Rewards Program" 5% of what your guests buy you and your FI comes back to you 45 days after your wedding in a gift card! BB&B always has the 20% off which is good too... We were happy with both stores!!
  • Options
    JJMsBrideToBeJJMsBrideToBe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ughhh I guess we may have to make a trip to BBB since it has been recommended by most haha.  How was your shopping experience? I've heard horror stories of BBB taking hours because a sales rep just won't leave you alone.... FI is NOT a shopper and I know he's going to get fed up quick. (That's why I didn't even include it). Macy's and Crate & Barrell were my first choices plus they are conveniently located. I've even been considering Target, but I feel like their merchandise changes so often that things might not be available by September.

Thanks a bunch :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would avoid Target.. many of their items become "Online Only." I had this problem when I was shopping for my friends wedding....

At BB&B tell them that you already looked online and you know what you want and that you just wanted to see it in person so you don't need their help. Also CHINA is their big upseller... We lied and told them my grandmom was giving us her China and that stopped that problem. I was warned.. ha
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I loved my experience at BB&B, I went to Warrington, and the one in Jenkintown since I registered for china.  The one in Jenkintown was SO nice, the people really here so helpful in the bridal department. 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really did inherit my grandparents' wedding china so THANK GOODNESS for that!!!

I should probably make this into a new post butttttt  would it be bad to go registry "shopping" alone??? I don't mind wandering around stores for hours but I know after one stop, FI is going to go crazy. I figure we'll do one together and if he doesn't mind it, get him to do the next but if he hates it just let him stop at Fox&Hound and I'll do the rest. I just don't know if this is unheard of and if salespeople are going to think I'm crazy and just made up a husband-to-be haha. Opinions?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went alone. I mean if he doesn't care, go ahead. If he is a 2 year old when shopping, dont go with him. If he doesnt cook, and doesn't care what you pick out, I would leave him at home. You know your man, does he care if you pick everything. I just had my shower, he cares less what is in our living room, he will see it all eventually but does not care to go thorugh it all. LOL
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's pretty much how he is. I appreciate him getting "involved" but I know he really doesn't care what kind of cutting boards we get or if I get the super awesome stand-up mixer I've been dying for or the matching vases. I just don't want to make this weird for anyone involved.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Look at stuff online and add as much as you can before heading into the store.  We had a god start ot our registry by the time we walked in and then got advice from the salesperson who worked with us on our choices.  We changed some of them, and others we kept.  The key is finding stuff you can hysically get in the store rather than just online. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well it doesnt seem like he has to come. I was in BBB for like 2 hours or something walking around clicking stuff. I would bring a friend with you so you don't get bored.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Turns out I should have just talked to FI because he assumed I had already done it. His words "Sweetest, how am I supposed to know what we need for around the house? The only "home" things I have ever picked out were the TV, the Wii, and our laptops... see a trend? I'll leave the utensils and vases up to you."

I like having full reign over this :) Crate and Barrel, here I come!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards