Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Re: **BP**

• ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    2500 Comments Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Haha me too :-). It's so nice to see this rather then the poppy seed :-).
  • edited December 2011
    So, you'll be having this lovely baby pepper 61 days before my wedding:) This is exciting! :)
    Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    edited December 2011
    :-) Very exciting!
  • edited December 2011
    ::butting in:: I love the new ticker too!

BP, how are you feeling?  How are things going thus far?  Have you and Mr. BP thought about names and all that, or are you still basking in being pregnant?

I won't lie, I am a little jealous- I have the baby urge like none other!  I can't wait to see more pictures and hear more about it!  I am so happy for you!
  • edited December 2011

Yeah, how are you feeling? If you have any questions, PM me- I'll be glad to answer. :)

Book recs, btw- for you- Your Pregnancy, Week by Week. Hands down, the best book I could have asked for. For mr pepper- My Boys Can Swim. I heart that book. The Caveman's guide to pregnancy was great too- look for them both on amazon they're usually under a dollar, but funny as hell.

And if you have morning sickness, Preggy pops & preggy drops are amazing for nausea. (It's basically just sour candy- so if you can grab some, it makes a HUUUUGE difference)

Anniversary
    TTC since 12/17/11
    BFP 02/19/2012
    M/C 03/05/2012 *we love you, angel* BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    edited December 2011

Until yesterday I've been feeling like garbage. MS has been a pain in the butt, but my doc. perscribed me meds to help with the morning sickness, and I've been feeling much better since then, thank god.

I have what to expect when your expecting, and pregnancy week by week, both great books.

MBR - We've been having trouble, and it took us a while to get prego, so don't feel too bad, it will happen for you when the time is right. It took a while for me to accept that...

We thought about names some, but aren't going to really talk about it until we find out the sex in a few weeks. Then we will start actually talking about possible names. I'd imagine we'd have 2 or 3, and pick the one we like best after LO is born.

My next U/S is in four weeks, so I'll post pictures after :-).

Thanks for all the thoughts g uys!

• edited December 2011
    I am excited for your U/S pics already and can tell you that I will be equally excited to log in each week to see what kind of fruit the little munchkin resembles next! =)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    First off, sorry this is so long- I know you hate my long posts.  I hope you can read it through and have some advice for me :)

Ditto the sour pops.  Both my good friend and sister swore by them- it has to do with the taste buds on your tongue and thinking that you have already been sick because of the sour/acidity and so on...all I know is they work, from everyone I talk to!

/>>MBR - We've been having trouble, and it took us a while to get prego, so don't feel too bad, it will happen for you when the time is right. It took a while for me to accept that...<<

That makes that much more happier for you, BP.  I already added you to Mr. MBR and my prayer list, if that's okay with you.  I wish you only the best, and am really praying for a happy and healthy pregnancy.  I remember you talking (many moons ago, before you were married and when the Jess's were still on the board!) about how much you wanted to be a mom, and I am so happy for you and Mr. BP.

I think that is why it scares me.  My doctor has mentioned before that we may have trouble getting pregnant, and that frightens me, especially with how strong the baby urge is.  I have had 20+ Lumbar Sympathetic Blocks; they are done with me on my stomach, with 45 minutes of x-rays (the needles-3 of them- are done under flouroscopy, x-ray guidance).  Because of where the needles are being placed, there is no way to cover me at all to protect my uterus.  It scares me that the one thing I want may have been taken away from me by this stupid disease.  She also said that because of the meds I am on, things are going to have to be closely monitored.  I talked to my OB/GYN and he said the same thing, and went thru this whole thing about how he would take care of me.  One of the things that most people tell me is "as soon as you get pregnant, you have to go off the pain meds, right away!"; that's actually not true, and dangerous (as in, if I find out and stop all meds abruptly, the likelihood I will miscarry skyrockets).

Just all of it is scary.  One of the big things being studied with my disease is whether there is anything hormone related about it.  Most women, 85%+, go into some sort of remission from RSD when they get pregnant; I jokingly told DH that if that is true and I get a fantastic response, I might have to be pregant all the time!

I know you have a strong faith; I keep trying to give it up to God, and this is the one area in my life that I am scared to let go of.  We aren't trying until we have a house and are settled (our hope is to be expecting by summer 2012), so we have some time.  I am just so scared that the one thing I desperately want in life won't happen, and I wouldn't understand why that was part of God's plan.  I really am struggling with letting it go, and giving it up to Him (which then makes me feel like a horrible person of faith, even though everyone goes through those moments).

Any thoughts/suggestions on how to deal with it all?  How to really rely on God when it comes to this part of our life, instead of questioning and doubting Him and His plan?

I really am so very, very happy for you, BP.  You deserve this; I know you are going to be an awesome mommy!

PS- How do you like TB?  Have you been on any other message boards?  Which do you like, and why?
    edited December 2011
    I'm only on TB for my month board, and I like it a lot. It's the same thing as a month board for your wedding. People in the same thing, around the same time as you, just nice to talk to people going through the same thing.

Honestly, to get past it, you need to allow yourself to be angry/upset. Every month I got upset, and that's okay. When you want something and try and it doesn't happen, or it does happen and is then taken away, it sucks. Bottom line. I don't know any faith in the world will tell you it doens't suck. I do know, if we didn't lose our little one back in July, I wouldn't be pregnant with this healthy little baby now. All you can do is try your best, and hope it eventually works out. And if it doesn't work out and you can't have kids, that there are other options out there for you where you can still be a parent.

I had a lot of trouble just saying oh it will happen when it's the right time, because in reality, you want it to happen when YOU are ready, but that's life. Sometimes it's not fair, sometimes it sucks, and sometimes you just don't get what you want when you want it. You just have to hope in the end everything will work out. We've been lucky enough for it to take a little less then a year, some people have to go through a lot more then what we went through.

Basically, allow yourself to get angry if it doens't happen right away, it sucks and isn't all that easy for everyone. And, appreciate it when it does. I know pregnant people that aren't appreciative of what they have, so just appreciate it if/when it does happen.
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_bp-45?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:e8e0685d-1f70-4344-b99a-ef521e9d3ea5Post:915632ab-5291-475d-8174-00d8435422db">Re: **BP**</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am excited for your U/S pics already and can tell you that I will be equally excited to log in each week to see what kind of fruit the little munchkin resembles next! =)
    Posted by Madam A[/QUOTE]

Don't worry, I'll post them :-).
  • edited December 2011
    Also, worthy of noting...

I have a hunch that Baby Blueberry Buttons and Baby MadamA (or Baby MisterA) will be great friends! =)
    edited December 2011

Baby Madam A needs to get hoppin ;-)

• edited December 2011
    In due time, my little friend. With any kind of luck, you can be my prego mentor at the tail end of baking your little muffin as mine is in its tiny fruit-like stages. ;)
    edited December 2011
    Yay for baby madam tiny fruit!
  • Jesster153Jesster153 member
    1000 Comments
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_bp-45?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:105Discussion:e8e0685d-1f70-4344-b99a-ef521e9d3ea5Post:12fc7249-516f-4e71-9918-1d82b5b5b44d">Re: **BP**</a>:
    [QUOTE]In due time, my little friend. With any kind of luck, you can be my prego mentor at the tail end of baking your little muffin as mine is in its tiny fruit-like stages. ;)
    Posted by Madam A[/QUOTE]

in 2-3 years you can both be my preggo mentors ;)
    Until then I'll be available for baby play dates even without a baby haha
    Siggy Challange: Me and my girls :)
    Photobucket
    edited December 2011
    Yay for baby play dates. Gosh Oct. can't come fast enough! Haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards