Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Where did you book your honeymoon?

Hi ladies,
we're slowly looking into booking our honeymoon to Hawaii. Did you book online or go to travel agent? Can you recommened a good travel agent in the area? I've always just booked online for our previous trips... but since its our honeymoon, i rather want to go with a travel agent and see if we get good deals and tips from them. Unfortunatley, i'm not sure where to go for a good informative travel agent in the area.

Thank you!
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Where did you book your honeymoon?

• I booked with a Travel Agent. She is in the Springfield Mall (Liberty Travel). We are going to Sandals St. Lucia.
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also used Liberty Travel. Regina, from the Granite Run Mall one in Media.  We are going to Playa del Carmen, Mexico but we first were going to go to Hawaii and Regina had great tips & deals!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio
    Philly Siggy Challenge: The Ring!
  • I just booked Hawaii with my travel agent.  She's starting to retire and therefore not taking new clients so I can't recommend her. But I highly advise at least looking into a travel agent, but also doing some research on your own.  My TA gave me some suggestions about islands she thought we'd like (Maui and Kauai) and recommended some hotels based on our budget.  Then I went back and did my own research about those hotels and other ones that I had been interested in..  I wanted to book some aspects with points, so she and I worked together to put together an itinerary where she booked some of the stay (hotel in Maui, rental cars on both islands, and inter-island flight) and I booked the points based things (one hotel and air to/from Hawaii) on my own. 

Long story short, contact a travel agent (and I third Liberty - I've heard great things), but do some research on your own.  Unless you're using points or a discount unique to you, the TA should be able to match most packages that you find on your own.  And if you happen to find a good one, it could be worth the research!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also booked through a Travel Agent.  it's a husband & wife, and they're in Delaware... but they're super sweet.  Sue & Bob Braderman.  They own a company called All About Cruises & Travel.   They use a lot of different travel companies, so they can shop around for the best deal, which is nice. 

We went to Aruba... the first time we talked, one company had the best deal.  When we went to book the next day, Sue checked again just to be sure.. and Apple Vacations had a better deal by almost $500.   
    Paprika: I like it when you burp in my ear. It really turns me on.

Baby Beach, Aruba, 2011
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Posy Palette Blog
  • I booked with a travel agent on McDade in Ridley Township- Tour N Travel.  We are going to Sandals St. Lucia.
  • I booked through a TA - her name is Wally and she works out of her home in Warminster (she's affiliated with Wentz Travel). We got a quote from her, then checked it against at least 6 other websites and her quote was the best.

We're going to Secrets Maroma Beach in Cancun.
    Anniversary
  • We did a ton of research online and then booked it ourselves, but in order to book the safari aspect, we had to go through the booking agent from the property. So, I think we're in the minority in that we didn't actually use a travel agent.

I think if you're comfortable doing your own bookings, you should do so, but I can't imagine that talking to a travel agent would hurt!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •   I booked our honeymoon through a travel agent...
    Its at Boscov's travel at Neshamity Mall. Her name is Joanne Hayes. She was great. She created a website for us for people to put money towards the honey moon. She's awesome!!! If you go to her, let her know Michelle Prevost sent ya.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards