Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

String Ceremony Music

Hi girls! I'm thinking about having a string trio or quartet do our ceremony music. So my question is are quartets really any better than trios? As I understand it, the difference between them is a second violin player, and they can play almost all the same music. Also, if you have any recommendations for who to go with, I'd really appreciate it!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: String Ceremony Music

• Options
    edited December 2011

I think it mostly depends on what music you want them playing.

Pachelbels Canon, I don't think would sound good without the second violin. So maybe opting for two violins and a cello?

At my sister's wedding, she had two violinists and a cellist. It was beautiful!

You could always opt for a violaist rather than a cellist. Having the different kinds of tones coming from the instruments help give it depth.

~* Diana *~ ~* October 9, 2010 *~

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Anniversary

• Options
    sonya_hoffsonya_hoff member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I play in string trios/quartets quite often and I definitely think a trio will be a full sound and just as good as a quartet. you are correct, they can play all the same music. Try two violins and a viola, or a violin/viola/cello combo. An added bonus: you will have one less person to pay when you choose a trio.

I would love to speak with you about our trio if you are getting married in the philly area :)  sngrosch@yahoo.com
  • Options
    ButtonsPepperButtonsPepper member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used a trio as the woman from Sienna Strings said that's all I would need, and that a 4th would sound very similar. I used them, and they were amazing. They got to the church even in 2 feet of snow, very impressive, and they sounded fantastic.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using a trio from Heartstrings.  I believe its 2 violins and a cello, but it may be violin/viola/cello.  We looked into a few companies (including Siena Strings) and they all said we would be fine with a trio.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks girls! I have gotten pricing info from Sienna Strings, but had not heard of Heartstrings yet. I'll have to check them out!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am using Party of Three, I heard them play at another wedding and thought it was so beautiful.  I dont think I would notice the difference between 3 or 4.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards