Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Exton area barn venue?

OK, you are all probably tired of me asking....

but can anyone give suggestions on a low-cost barn (or barn-type) venue in the Exton/Malvern area?  (The Stone Barn was awesome-but WAY out of our budget!)

Expecting 175-200 guests, but need to stay below $30pp.  Is that even possible in this area??  I'm thinking DD might have to cut the guest list in order for us to keep to our $10-12,000. budget.  :/

thanks-

Re: Exton area barn venue?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    ...what are you looking for for $30pp?  Keep in mind that dinner out at Cheesecake Factory generally runs me $30pp...if you're looking for a full reception package, I'm not sure where you'll find that anywhere...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Woah!  $30pp!  
    CUT the list my friend.  Finding places under $100 is difficult.  

Are you looking for a BBQ?  

The problem is you want to have a Mid West priced reception on the Main Line.  

Is that $10K for the whole wedding, photog, dress, flowers, etc?
  • Options
    Bean32Bean32 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you want to keep many of those guests, you should look into Fridays, Sundays, or Saturday afternoons. You could also do just a punch and dessert reception if you time it so that it doesn't fall on a normal meal time. You could also always to a backard BBQ type of thing and do the food yourself to cut out the space fee and caterer price.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    feinicstinefeinicstine member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_exton-area-barn-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:ebe1c430-6949-4422-90ee-612ba5a9c78dPost:8efefbba-a49e-4887-b531-ba6cfad21528">Exton area barn venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]OK, you are all probably tired of me asking.... but can anyone give suggestions on a low-cost barn (or barn-type) venue in the Exton/Malvern area?  (<strong>The Stone Barn was awesome-but WAY out of our budget!</strong>) Expecting 175-200 guests, but need to stay below $30pp.  Is that even possible in this area??  I'm thinking DD might have to cut the guest list in order for us to keep to our $10-12,000. budget.  :/ thanks-
    Posted by bridalgal50[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Poo, that's where I'm getting married and I was totally going to suggest it.</div><div>
    </div><div>I don't know if < $30pp is possible in the area since you're going to get in to horse land.  My family has a membership to Radnor Hunt Club and I know it's gorgeous and they do weddings, so maybe see there?  No idea on their cost though, I just know they aren't booked solid.</div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you want to move your wedding to a different area - Mermaid Lake in Blue Bell - Montgomery County - does have a barn (fee is about $200) for weddings and  I believe their buffet is around $30 per person or less.  You do have to provide your own liquor.  Another place that is kind of new is in Collegeville called Northern Star Farms.  It is a working farm with a barn of course  They have a couple of buildings for smaller parties, but would tent a wedding you size.  If you did a BBQ, you probably could do it for that cost.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-philadelphia_exton-area-barn-venue?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:105Discussion:ebe1c430-6949-4422-90ee-612ba5a9c78dPost:d781542b-b674-40ab-a399-0916ecdf4887">Re: Exton area barn venue?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Exton area barn venue? : Poo, that's where I'm getting married and I was totally going to suggest it. I don't know if < $30pp is possible in the area since you're going to get in to horse land.  My family has a membership to Radnor Hunt Club and I know it's gorgeous and they do weddings, so maybe see there?  No idea on their cost though, I just know they aren't booked solid.
    Posted by feinicstine[/QUOTE]

<div>I think they are over $125 pp, plus tax and grat.</div>
  • Options
    edited August 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards