Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Ron Lockwood Photography??

Anyone have any experience with this dude?  Pros or Cons?

After giving the FIL a list of photographers, MIL is now throwing this guy into the mix.
Mrs. JEGs
est 7.17.10
[IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
Hunter Fillmore
October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress

Re: Ron Lockwood Photography??

• Options
    LadyJ10LadyJ10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Con: He obviously wasn't on your original list of options you gave them.  Where did you FMIL find them?
    And they're the five best friends that anyone could have, the five best friends that anyone could have! Photobucket
  • Options
    CaitC21CaitC21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This seems to be a trend recently...parents wanting to chose/have their say in your photography....

Now maybe I am not the norm, in saying that photography is a very personal decision.  You are going to be spending all day with this person(s).  You have not only love their work, you have to click with the photographer.

I believe that if you ILs want to get you your photography as a gift explain to them that you worked really hard on the list you gave them, and give them reasons for why you chose who you chose.  Hopefully they will see your side, and come around to someone on your list.

If not, and I really wanted someone on my list, I'd just bite the bullet and pay for the photographer of my choice.

I am really lucky I did not have this problem, as my dad, who never says anything about pictures commented on how much he loves my photographers work.

Good luck and keep us updated!
    image Planning Bio Wedding Planning Website Updated 7/21/11
  • Options
    CA2PABride2BeCA2PABride2Be member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Looked at the website - wasn't too impressive.  His business wasn't even on weddingwire to review.  But he seems super cheap.  Could ths be why FMIL threw his name into the mix?
    Photobucket
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    183 image 128 image 55 image 0 image RSVP Date: June 4, 2010
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with CA to PA, I'm not impressed and he's really cheap.  I'm sorry she is being such a PITA. 
  • Options
    Amerbutt81Amerbutt81 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LadyJ10, I think I love you.  haha.

They wanted to help pay, so we suggest photographer, since most do in installments.  We asked what they would be willing to pay and they never gave us an answer- just bring us a list and we will go from there.
    So I brought a list of 4 that I had narrowed down from the orginal 10 I had visited.  They ranged from $3200 to $6000.  I told them, pick the one you like and pay for what you can- JEGs and I will pick up the rest.  And we'd really like an answer by around Thanksgiving.

CaitC, I think you are exactly right.  I did work damn hard on that list.  I'm sticking to my guns.
    Mrs. JEGs
    est 7.17.10
    [IMG]http://i43.tinypic.com/2md4eb4.jpg[/IMG]
    Hunter Fillmore
    October 1, 2011

Lizzie In Progress
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Photography was a present from our IL's for many person reasons.  They told us to find a photographer and let them know how much and we would work on how much they could pay.  They ended up loving the photographer and paid for everything except the inital deposit (which we paid for).

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Personally, I wouldn't let them pick the actual photographer...they're your photos from your wedding.  I would make them firm up a budget so that you know the difference that you'll have to pay to hire the photographer YOU want :)

I know you've done so much homework already, but if you need other budget-friendly options, you know you can always ask.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards